Two Wheel Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Banned
3,078 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i am this weekend and just whanted to know exactly what kinda of riding we do?? i know the class work but what riding stuff do they teach you

·
Registered
4,335 Posts
bulldogdefensivetacl said:
i am this weekend and just whanted to know exactly what kinda of riding we do?? i know the class work but what riding stuff do they teach you
Well, they teach you how to look where you want to go and not just a few feet ahead of you. They also teach you about braking, accelerating, obstacle evasion, turning, etc. It's pretty much the basics and it's all at low speeds. I don't think you will get above 20MPH, and if you do, it's for a second or two, just before you brake.

·
Banned
3,078 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
alrightythen thanx

·
Registered
349 Posts
in ontario, you actually get to do some emergency manouvers. High speed corner braking and high speed swerving. I don't know how fast we were going (they duct taped over the speedo's) but i estimate 70-80 k/mh.

While not neccesarily "high speed" it does teach you the fundamentals and gives you basic traing that applies to higher speed situations

·
Registered
366 Posts
Yea they go over all the basic stuff, like Captain said. It starts with the really really basic stuff, like getting used to the clutch and throttle by 'walking' the bike across the lot, then riding across, stopping, then turning, shifting gears, balance at very slow speeds, stuff like that. Also they drill into your head looking up ahead of you and looking sideways into a turn. Then you get into panic stops, lane changes, obstacle avoidance, u turns and figure 8's, running over stuff, weaving through the cones, etc. Probably a few other things too, there was quite a bit of stuff they covered. It's all pretty easy though if you're already comfortable on a bike.... they explain everything very clearly (well mine did anyways) and it's easy to follow along.

I wouldn't mind going back in a few months and taking the experienced rider course, which is basically the same courses but with your own bike.

·
Registered
9,263 Posts
I took it..many of us have...its a definate plus, and you're smart for taking the course!

Once you leave, you'll have a Basic understanding of riding safe and controlling your motorcycle onthe roads...then its up to you to apply those principals you've learned and improve yourself and help improve the image and reputation of motorcyclists as a whole by riding responsibly.

·
Banned
3,078 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i cant wait!!!
:dthumb:

·
Registered
2,544 Posts
I've taken it twice. . once before I got a bike, and then 6 months after my bike as a refresher. No aggressive riding, but it should be mandatory for everyone that rides, IMO.

·
Banned
6,147 Posts
Pigface1 said:
I've taken it twice. . once before I got a bike, and then 6 months after my bike as a refresher. No aggressive riding, but it should be mandatory for everyone that rides, IMO.

They make you take Driver's Ed to drive a cage don't they??

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
Pigface1 said:

:iagree: and it's definitely worth the time and money.....

·
Registered
2,544 Posts
bumblebee said:
They make you take Driver's Ed to drive a cage don't they??
Yes, but a lot of people get an M endorsement by grandfathering in. I know people that have been riding for 40 years that learned useful things in MSF.

·
Banned
6,147 Posts
Pigface1 said:
Yes, but a lot of people get an M endorsement by grandfathering in. I know people that have been riding for 40 years that learned useful things in MSF.
I agree...No one should be allowed to Grandfather in. All applicants should be required to take the riding test. I feel being retested every 12 years should be a requirement also. I feel first time applicants should be required to take a course before being allowed to test.

·
Banned
3,078 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
what is grandfathering in ????????????????????? :screwy:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts