Two Wheel Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was in a Honda shop recently admiring the '04 RC51. This one had Nicky Hayden's signature on it and a nifty set of HRC stickers. Anything else special about this bike or are they just selling fancy stickers?

Someone told me they changed the clutch from the 03, but I thought that bike was closer to $10K and this was $11.6K. Sounds like a lot for a clutch and Nicky's autograph... :bike:

·
Registered
9,263 Posts
CBR Rider said:
I was in a Honda shop recently admiring the '04 RC51. This one had Nicky Hayden's signature on it and a nifty set of HRC stickers. Anything else special about this bike or are they just selling fancy stickers?

Someone told me they changed the clutch from the 03, but I thought that bike was closer to $10K and this was $11.6K. Sounds like a lot for a clutch and Nicky's autograph... :bike:
I dont know if any particular changes are there for the signature bike..but i would tend to doubt it..as when Honda had the CBR600F3 Miguel Duhamel bike, it was mainly the paint scheme, and appearance that was the difference.

·
Registered
7,333 Posts
I have looked into this some what and looking at last years specs to this years...All I can see it that you are paying for some really expensive stickers. Don't sound fair to me. :)

·
V-Twin Moddin
38,916 Posts
I also read that his shifter is setup backwards. As in pushing down is a upward shift....
N

·
Registered
9,263 Posts
Gas Man said:
I also read that his shifter is setup backwards. As in pushing down is a upward shift....
N
Is that just his preference I assume?? or is there another reason.....geez that would be too weird. :shock: :)

·
V-Twin Moddin
38,916 Posts
Need4Speed750 said:
Is that just his preference I assume?? or is there another reason.....geez that would be too weird. :shock: :)
I guess it was a preference. It was in a article where him and a indy car driver swapped vechicles. They were both Honda racers and they did it for some reason or another. It was a great article I think in Cylce Rider???

·
Registered
7,333 Posts
Gas Man said:
N

That would just confuse the hell out of me to much..not that it takes alot to do so now. LOL :)

·
Registered
9,263 Posts
what the hell is with stickers costing so much..I know every year prices go up inevitably, in just about everything these days, so its not just the stickers..but geez

I mean I was pricing official suzuki decals for my Kat...65.00 for 1 Katana sticker!! :cursin: Im glad Im not using them..but geez!!!

·
Banned
3,654 Posts
Nothing was done to the new R51 do to all of honda's R&D going to the 1000RR. The clutch wasn't touched, anlong with nothing else. The bike just has stickers and a name. Who knows if it is even Nickey's. A guy @ work just bought so i got the skinkney. He only payed 10,5 for his. He traded the his 600RR for it and says he wish he didnt.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.