Two Wheel Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, got the replacement for my Gix on Sunday. Wasn't really planning on it, but I couldn't turn it down. It'll be getting Convertibars, most likely, so I can go from comfy to stock and 1 minute... :)

Even though I said I would get another Tuono, I decided against two of the exact same bike. This one's a lot a like my Tuono, but different at the same time...

2001 Mille R

·
V-Twin Moddin
38,916 Posts
ShanMan14 said:
:drool: VERY nice! :cheers:
:withstupi :drool:

Wait till Twisty sees that bike!

·
Registered
5,314 Posts
Theres something terribly wrong about those pictures, mabye its because theyre at your house and not mine !! :sob: Those are reallly nice. You deffinately took pics of the right things too. :drool:

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
No, the guy had Traxxion set the suspension up. :) Nothing other than dialing it in though. He was at the races one weekend camping out. Ended up talking to Max for a while and Max offered to go over the front and rear with him and dial it in for aggressive track day riding... Traxxion didn't do any internal work though.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Raising the forks in the triples isn't just to alter ride height. It's all part of setting up the chassis.

However, the shock is ride height adjustable. The previous owner did lower the rear down a little bit from stock, but not much. I'm sure he dropped the front a line or so to compensate. However, the rear ride height on my Tuono is stock. Look at the forks on it. They're raised in the triples because that's where the bike is most happy.

The Mille's Ohlins and my Tuono's Showas both have lines on the top of the fork tube to make adjusting the height over the upper triple super easy. :)

·
Moderator , Lifetime Gold Supporting Member, '07 R
20,168 Posts
DLITALIEN said:
Pretty sick! I notice the forks coming throught he trees. Is it lowered?
Ease in adjusting the fully adjustable suspension is just one of the many thing you get extra when you buy a bike of this caliber.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts