Two Wheel Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Administrator
10,104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I see places on the net practically giving away tires. I'm wondering if they're defective in some way or what? I'd be a little hesitant to put them on my bike without some kind of reassurance.

·
Registered
9,263 Posts
i guess you'd have to know, if they are brand new or not..that'd be a big thing...Im not to keen on putting re-treads or used tires underneath me :eek:

do you have some links of these places at all? I'd be interested in reading up on them some more. ;) I'll see what I can find as well!

·
V-Twin Moddin
38,916 Posts
Yeah, as long as they're new, I would say it should be all good...

Remember most of these places can offer lower prices due to no overhead, and people to sell...

·
Registered
73 Posts
Like they said..as long as their new it's ok. Places like those on the internet can sell them so cheap because they buy specific tires by the truckload and get them for less. Your local shop only gets maybe 5-10 of each brand or style and pay more per tire. and like mentioned before, no overhead!!

oh and another thing... any of you that have any good pirelli super corsa roadrace takeoffs i'll gladly buy them :thumbs:

·
Banned
6,147 Posts
ShanMan14 said:
I see places on the net practically giving away tires. I'm wondering if they're defective in some way or what? I'd be a little hesitant to put them on my bike without some kind of reassurance.
send me some sites, the way the Bee is burning through tires, I'll take some give-aways...Geez, I'm on 3rd set since June

·
Registered
408 Posts
twisty said:
I will be racing and riding on retreded tires all next season. Dresser is offering alot of money to racers that use and win on their tires, So I have jumped on board. And yes they do make airplane and wheelbrow tires and dont forget the colored tires as well. But I like money. They are offering free tires to racers and you have to buy a set. It is buy one get one free...And since I will be using their Race tires I will be getting the street tires for almost nothing. Anyone that is interested should check out the website and if you want to race on them, you contact the Tomahawk racing program. I can give you the email address if you need it. But this is only for racers. They do have some good deals on street tires tho and if you tell me what you want I can get them @ my cost. :dthumb:
I'd be interested in seeing how you like the Tomahawks. I have been hesitant to recommend them because I don't know anyone that has used them, especially on the track.

As for the cheap tires available via mail order or online, make sure you aren't buying something that has been on the shelf (or worse, outside) for a couple of years.

Larry

1 - 9 of 9 Posts