Two Wheel Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am a fairly aggresive rider and ride a lot of wheelies but nothing more than a half mile or so. My engine spun a rod bearing at 1800 miles. Warranty almost did not cover it because they said it was due to riding wheelies. Is this bike prone to problems when you wheelie? I had a 929 before and rode it the same and did not have any problems

·
Banned
3,078 Posts
mjb929rr said:
I am a fairly aggresive rider and ride a lot of wheelies but nothing more than a half mile or so. My engine spun a rod bearing at 1800 miles. Warranty almost did not cover it because they said it was due to riding wheelies. Is this bike prone to problems when you wheelie? I had a 929 before and rode it the same and did not have any problems
no......it is good for the bike.........its like junk food for a bike....needs it every now and then

·
Moderator , Lifetime Gold Supporting Member, '07 R
20,168 Posts
I use to wheelie a F2 till the oil light would come on and shut down the motor.
Never did have any issues with about 13k when sold.
The inlines are the best for doing wheelies.
Twins have a hard time with oil on the front cylinder.
Just deny doing anything other than normal riding when warranty work is to be done.

·
Registered
505 Posts
954's are great for riding wheelies. A large amount of stunters use CBR's. You need to always be sure to keep your engine topped off with some quality oil. I've never had any problems with mine.

·
V-Twin Moddin
38,916 Posts
double2000r6 said:
First off deny everything. Wheelies? What wheelies? I want this POS bike fixed and I want it done now. Then after they fix it wheelie out of the parking lot..

:2cents:
MP is right on this! When I took my bike in for no oil pressure the service guy was like "we're you doin a wheelie?" I was like F off I wasn't doin shyt!

I know that on R1's the oil pick up tubes face forward and if you don't want to mess up the motor you should drop the oil pan and spin those around to face the rear... that way when all the oil goes that way it can still pick up some!

Also, you can install a grated oil pan... my 9R has one stock... it traps oil from going back so that you can wheelie longer... no all I have to do is figure out how to do those 1/2 mile wheelies so I can report back!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks for the replys. I almost think I got a lemon from the factory. No one could believe that a 954 would have engine problems. I think I might just trade it off and find something else before I have more problems. I have heard that you can run a 1/2 quart extra oil and that will help. Is that true?

·
V-Twin Moddin
38,916 Posts
double2000r6 said:
Running too much oil is never good...
This is true..cause you CAN build up too much oil pressure... but if you're robbing the motor already that may not be a problem.

·
Banned
3,078 Posts
there good for my bike.....how can look into those puppy head lights (eyes) and say no when it is just beggin to wheelie

1 - 19 of 19 Posts