Two Wheel Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone ever been denied medical attention because the hospital assumed you didn't have health insurance!!! I was!!! After my accident I was laying in the emergency room and I was told that I was being transfered to another hospital because the one I was at didn't have the "facilities" to treat me!!! Funny cuz I just seen a comercial for this hospital saying that it had one of the areas best orthepedic facilities in the area!!! MERCY HOSPITAL (ALEGENT HEALTH) cOUNCIL BLUFFS, IA p.s. I did have health insurance wife forgot new cards on her way to the hospital!!!) :cursin: ===we won't get into the details of my treatment I'll save that for another thread
 

·
V-Twin Moddin
Joined
·
38,916 Posts
This is why WOS is providing every WOS member with a accident card that contains all your main info including your DOB and heath insurance comany name. That way the hospital can look up your name under the heath insurance company.
 

·
V-Twin Moddin
Joined
·
38,916 Posts
Oh, and no! I haven't had that happen... seen it happen in Chris Rock's movie.... where he's dead and becomes that old rich guy..... :scratch:
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
3,078 Posts
what is this a magical thread ....is it me or did GAS MAN just DOUBLE POST :yikes: :yikes: :yikes: :yikes: :yikes: :yikes:
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
3,078 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,687 Posts
Never happened to me, but then agian i will not go to the doctor unless im gonna die by not going. Ive dug the asphault out of my own arm instead of getting stiches.... couldnt miss going to see drag racing just to get stiched up.
I hate ot pay a doctor just cuz he can perscribe stuff i already now i need.
Screw him, jsut cuz he spent 10 years going to school dont mean he deserves a Ferrari before me... im not helping him pay for it..lol Instead i buy the insurance agent who sells my healthcare a ferarri for never using the stuff.
 

·
V-Twin Moddin
Joined
·
38,916 Posts
bulldog said:
what is this a magical thread ....is it me or did GAS MAN just DOUBLE POST :yikes: :yikes: :yikes: :yikes: :yikes: :yikes:
Yep, but they both contained good info.

Furthermore, do you have any idea how many times I go back and EDIT my posts to include something more... LOTS of times!!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,897 Posts
Rodogg04 said:
Has anyone ever been denied medical attention because the hospital assumed you didn't have health insurance!!! I was!!! After my accident I was laying in the emergency room and I was told that I was being transfered to another hospital because the one I was at didn't have the "facilities" to treat me!!! Funny cuz I just seen a comercial for this hospital saying that it had one of the areas best orthepedic facilities in the area!!! MERCY HOSPITAL (ALEGENT HEALTH) cOUNCIL BLUFFS, IA p.s. I did have health insurance wife forgot new cards on her way to the hospital!!!) :cursin: ===we won't get into the details of my treatment I'll save that for another thread
How many times do you think they hear, have health insurance card :crazy:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,145 Posts
Man that's crap!!!! I just hate when you go to the ER and you KNOW there is something wrong with you, but they send you home saying, "Take Aleve or Advil and you should be fine." :cursin:

Last April I broke my foot and I KNEW somethig was wrong with it. I sat in that damn waiting room for 5 hours until they finally took me back to X-Ray. 10 minutes later they tell me nothing is wrong, that I'm to be on crutches, and take Aleve for a week. Well a week went by and it still wasn't feeling any better and I still couldn't put weight on it so I went to the my FAMILY DOCTOR! They sent me to a private X-Ray practice and LO AND F*in behold I have a broken foot! So not only were they stupid MOFOs at the hospital and still wanted their money, I had to pay for ANOTHER X-Ray. And our insurance almost denied the ER visit because I didn't have a referal. Ummm HELLO! I don't need a damn referal!!!!!!!!!!!! That's why it was called an EMERGENCY so I had to go to the EMERGENCY ROOM! F*in retard insurance companies!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,006 Posts
It should not matter if you have your card or not. Unless you have some obscure Health Insurance coverage. I have NEVER carried my Health Insurance card. Anytime (well the very few times) I have had to go the the hospital they just ask my carrier and SS # and can look it up using that or your home address, etc. Same thing with any Pharmacy, they can look you up in the system.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
213 Posts
jetskifast said:
How many times do you think they hear, have health insurance card :crazy:
Who cares. Medical care CANNOT be denied in an emergency! It's called morals and ethics and all medical care professionals take the oath.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,006 Posts
Bikerdude said:
Who cares. Medical care CANNOT be denied in an emergency! It's called morals and ethics and all medical care professionals take the oath.

LMAO one would think Medical care cannot be denied. However Hospitals see it as just another opportunity to be sued. My buddy is a Dr in the ER and they turn people away on a daily basis, usually false claims (claiming stomach pains, etc) trying to get meds. Unless its a life/ death matter I dont think they are too concerned with turning people away. Right or wrong, it happens.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,582 Posts
Same thing happened to an old boss of mine. He was in a serious car accident where he broke his back. Just because he didn't have his info on him, they assumed he didn't have any health insurance and took him to a diff hospital other than what they would have taken him had he had the info on him. THat is just lousy if you ask me!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
213 Posts
Ace said:
LMAO one would think Medical care cannot be denied. However Hospitals see it as just another opportunity to be sued. My buddy is a Dr in the ER and they turn people away on a daily basis, usually false claims (claiming stomach pains, etc) trying to get meds. Unless its a life/ death matter I dont think they are too concerned with turning people away. Right or wrong, it happens.
Like my post says....an EMERGENCY.......... :bonk:
 
1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top