Two Wheel Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Administrator
10,104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was out riding and stuck behind some blue hair. I had one hand on the bars and was waiting for my passing opportunity when BAM! Some bug about the size of a canary hits my neck. A few inches either way and it would been the helmet or my shoulder. :cursin:

I have no idea what it was, but it left a nice red mark.

Anyone else ever been pegged by anything on bare skin at speed?

·
Registered
519 Posts
We just finished our second round of BBQs with friends and one that was on her way on an R6 had to turn around and head home because she got stung by a bee while riding. She's allergic to bee stings. Suffice it to say, we didn't see her that day and she still has the mark, some two weeks later.

·
Registered
7,333 Posts
Not bare skin...but I am sure it hurt like hell.

·
V-Twin Moddin
38,916 Posts
I've been hit in the neck but I don't think it left a mark. It wasn't anything that big. But I've been drilled in the hand many times. Thank god I always have gloves on and it didn't do anything.

Been hit in the shine before while wearing jeans and that sucked!

·
Registered
2,010 Posts
i get hit all the time with large insects on the bare skin. tends to sting a little

·
Registered
543 Posts
Yup. I think the smaller ones tend to get deflected by the airflow around my helmet, but I catch yellowjackets/bumblebees/horseflies/etc in the neck fairly regularly. I'm looking into finding a large bandana to wear sort of early bankrobber style to have something covering that area. Big bugs at 65/70 feel like getting drilled by a paintball gun.

·
Registered
9,790 Posts
I wear all the proper gear! I have had a few hit the neck, but nothing too big that left a mark. I have alot of stuff hit and I hear and say [email protected] I'm glad I was wearing my gear.

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
I had shades on under my shield years ago and through town I opened the shield for the air and Swoop!!
A bumblebee. It went right in next to my ear and that was all I could hear as I half locked em' up to get to the side of the road and ditch the helmet.
Not fun!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
213 Posts
OUCH!!!! :yikes: Could have been a dragon fly or something large like that.

·
Registered
149 Posts
I get pegged every time I open my sheild. Really makes you feel stupid! I like to ride with my sheild open in town at speeds under 45 cause I can see and hear better. I always wear sunglasses under the sheild so my eyes are covered but I end up getting nailed somewhere else on my face. Then I swear alot and flip the sheild backdown. Funny how sometimes you do stupid sh!t over and over. :bonk:

·
Administrator
10,104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Mojo said:
Here's the million dollar question: Where do the bugs go?!? They nail you with extreme force in the face if your shield is up, on the neck... But where do they go?!? I have yet to find a post impact bug!!
Good question. Sometimes I have a pile of them on my seat after a ride. They hit my chest, fall down and pile up. The ones that get in my helmet.. who knows. :skep:

·
V-Twin Moddin
38,916 Posts
Are you serious Shan... a pile? :skep:

·
Registered
543 Posts
twisty said:
I was hit in the chest by a bird a few weekends ago doing about 70. Hurt like hell.
Friggen OUCH!!!! :yikes:

My dad took a pheasant to the chest at about 60 one time....took him clean off the back of the bike.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts