Two Wheel Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I didn't know you raced karts. They have the world championships out here just south of Norman. . I've only driven the 80s, but I'd love to have a 125. Those things are badazz. .

For anyone that doesn't know, the 125s do 100mph in under 6 seconds, pull 3Gs in turns, etc. :here: :dthumb:

·
Registered
9,263 Posts
you have a kart as well pig? pics of it ? I didnt realize the pulled that many g's in a turn..Ive driven an 80 b/4, but only a few times.

·
Registered
2,544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No, I wish I did. The first time I drove one was at Bondurant. Loved it and looked them up when I got back and found out they actually have the championships out here. I drove an 80cc on that track and that was a blast.

You can get a brand new one for about $8k, and a year old for about $6k, I think. That's a lot of bang for the buck. :cheers:

·
Registered
604 Posts
I raced 100cc for three years... too years with can exhaust and one year with pipe. This year I ran a 125cc... less maintenance and more power! I haven't been in a shhifter kart yet, and I don't know that I will ever own one but I'd like to take a ride sometime. They are quite high maintenance and beat your body up something fierce. Anyways, it's one of the cheapest forms of racing you can get into.

·
Registered
2,544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
ShanMan14 said:
That's it. . :dthumb:

Violet, it's a go-cart essentially with a 125cc 2 stroke engine, and a motorcycle transmission, 6 speed.

A lot of Formula 1 drivers race them in the off season since the characteristics are much the same. They're typically regarded as the best bang for the buck in the racing world b/c they handle so well and they're so fast. No seatbelts, etc, just a rib protector and helmet basically.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts