Two Wheel Forums banner

WHAT'S THE BEST BIKE TO DRAG?

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
V-Twin Moddin
38,916 Posts
Yeah I don't think so... I moved the other thread away...

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
depends on what your looking for..........bracket racing/E.T. what?
Well for the sake of argument, lets say E/T. But of course the average bears E/T, Not some sponsored dude. with turbo and sh1t!:cheers:

·
Registered
3,420 Posts
I voted for the ducati because you spelled it wrong and nobody else will probably vote for it. As far as stock bikes are concerned I would go with the gsx-r 1000 the magazines get hte best quarter mile et's with it so....:idk:

·
Registered
253 Posts
I voted Busa because the aftermarket is enormous for it.............But my honest/biased opinion is the R1 the mid range hit is like no other out there.

·
Registered
4,335 Posts
Well for the sake of argument, lets say E/T. But of course the average bears E/T, Not some sponsored dude. with turbo and sh1t!:cheers:
A guy doesn't have to be sponsored to have a turbo on his bike. I've seen a turbo busa on the 1/4mile, and all I can say is DAMN!!!!!!!!!!

Also, why no cruiser style bikes? I'm going to get slammed for this, but what's wrong with the V-rod on the 1/4? A bit of work and that's one quick bike.

·
Registered
208 Posts
:iagree: a guy with one leg, on a newer harley w/some mods, sent me packing one time on a 1/4 mile run.

as far as crotchrockets, i'd go with a busa, and no i don't know why.:wink:

·
Registered
24,016 Posts
A guy doesn't have to be sponsored to have a turbo on his bike. I've seen a turbo busa on the 1/4mile, and all I can say is DAMN!!!!!!!!!!

Also, why no cruiser style bikes? I'm going to get slammed for this, but what's wrong with the V-rod on the 1/4? A bit of work and that's one quick bike.
What makes this thread even more crazy is I actually like the V-rod....for a Harley. Although I'd never buy one. There are better bikes for less money.

·
Registered
852 Posts
undecided on the bike would have to go with the big kaw first then the busa but depends on the rider and just plain luck:cheers:

·
Registered
2,394 Posts
To learn on? You can't beat an early 80's Suzuki GS 1100, or even better, a GS 1150. And they make kits to bore it out to 1300cc.

·
Registered
462 Posts
To learn on? You can't beat an early 80's Suzuki GS 1100, or even better, a GS 1150. And they make kits to bore it out to 1300cc.
and stroker kits

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
for bracket racing, id say a busa or the 14. u can ride it to the track, it doesnt cost $30k like that over priced v-rod destroyer, and if u can ride, youll smoke that destroyer, becuz that v-rod isnt that fast, ESPECIALLY taking into account how much it costs. if u wana run a class, like super comp or super gas, id say a 80's kawi or suz, u can build one of those for really cheap

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
that Vrod has a maintanance schedule that would keep 95% of riders from wanting to deal with the headache just to rip off some 9 second passes that most ppl could make it do...(pros are in the 8's on it right?) Its gotta have clutch adjustments like every two passes....and if its a wet clutch thats a oil change every two passes... I'm sure it also wont see 50,000 miles between rebuilds... more like 5K mi. Initial cost wouldnt be anything compared to keeping it running.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts