Two Wheel Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do you guys subscribe to? Im looking for the mag with the best pics and bike comparison test. thanks. I currently dont subscibe to any so you suggestions are much needed.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Hey, I'm not sure if this will help you or not but here I go. I have every issue of sportrider, every issue of Motorcyclist going back to 1980 same with cycleworld. Over the last 8 years or so I've kinda gotten tired of some of these. I don't like the whole Primedia thing. Giant conglomeration that it is. Don't get me wrong their testing all seems to be fine. I really don't like the corrected for sea level stuff they do with their 1/4 mile times. Years ago they would bring in this guy named Pee Wee gleason and run the 1/4 real person running real times.Lately I find myself looking at the European mags. and now I've discovered 2wt, Road RacerX and Super Streetbike"Primedia" owned. These mags. seem to reflect a whole subculture of sportbike riders and rides. These builders and custom bikes and stunters are really what the original harley riders were all about. At least the image. Not this crap you see on Discovery and other assorted channels. 100,000.00 pieces of crap that only the novice Laker or Hollywood tough guy wanna be can ride. O.K. enough already. I think I may have wasted your time. Sorry man. The tests in sportrider seem to be pretty good to me. I do like those editors best.

·
Registered
9,263 Posts
I also subscribe to Motorcyclist and Sportrider..read them every month, but if you want some real, down to earth, non-corporate comparisons, road tests, etc. The british mags are the best!

Check out this thread for some more ideas!! :)

·
Registered
7,333 Posts
I get SportRider and CycleWorld. Thats enough for me to read at one time. :)

·
Registered
9,263 Posts
:iagree: ..hot bikes, hot chicks, what more do you want?

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i guess im gonna have to go to barnes and noble to see what they have. I just dont want to get one that is all ads.

·
Registered
9,263 Posts
Aaron said:
i guess im gonna have to go to barnes and noble to see what they have. I just dont want to get one that is all ads.
see motorcyclist for that one..the entire back 3rd of the mag is all ads.. :rant:

·
Registered
2,394 Posts
Aaron said:
Motorcycle Consumer News has no ads. It's only around 50 pages, and there's no color pictures. Plus it's $40/year, unless you get a subscription at a motorcycle show where they give you two years for one.

But they test all types of motorcycles, all types of accessories, all types of tools, all types of clothing, and all types of hop-up and comfort mods. Without advertising, they don't worry about offending Honda or the other big advertising giants. There is no BS, no hotties, and the articles are well written and edited. This is what you move up to after you get tired of the other mags, although I still pick up the other ones too.

·
V-Twin Moddin
38,916 Posts
You better watch out...if Twisty sees all this posting he's going to blow a gasket on some of your recomendations!!

·
Registered
9,263 Posts
yeah, I know how much twisty loves Motorcyclist.. :leaving: , and after hearing some of his stories/experiences, makes me seriously question them as well.

if nothing else, they've got neato pictures :rolleyes:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts