Two Wheel Forums banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I make a habit of keeping my bike as clean as possible, just some kinda wierd fetish I have or something..same goes for the car but not quite as bad with that.. :rolleyes: but anywho

I know we gave away some cool motorex stuff in our last giveaway, so what do you all use to clean up your rides and get all that road grime and dirt off. What works best? Whats the worst?
 

·
Administrator
Joined
·
10,104 Posts
I like Simple Green for the wheels, gets the brake dust off quite well with not a lot of scrubbing. I always wind up with grease on my knuckles from the chain, so it works well to minimize that.

I use Zaino products on the bodywork (www.zainobros.com). It's a multi-step process and can be a pain. I use it on my car so I just follow the same process on the bike.

For washing, I use good ol' Dawn dishwashing soap.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,333 Posts
I use Simple Green as well and blue bike wash I got from the dealer. It all works pertty well. Makes me happy. :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,582 Posts
GSXR750DJ said:
I use Simple Green as well and blue bike wash I got from the dealer. It all works pertty well. Makes me happy. :)
Yea your bike is pretty sweet looking after she is all cleaned up. I love the way her blue stands out. :lol: (now try washing the car like you do your bike)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
73 Posts
The body of my bike does'nt get washed much. but i do use simple green for rims and swingarm. I do like the honda line of cleaners or S2000 but simple green is alot cheaper. for quick cleanups i use a product made here in michigan city, IN called optigloss serious shine with a micro fiber cleaning cloth.

http://optigloss.us/index2.html
 

·
V-Twin Moddin
Joined
·
38,916 Posts
I use maguiers quick detailer on the bike itself and castol degreaser/cleaner on the rims. I also have a spray on bike wash by golden spectro. But when I bust out the soap and bucket; I use maguiers gold class car wash. :2cents:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I've always used maquiers, ever since I had my camaro several years ago..stuff works great, but Im always open for something better..but I hear alot of good things about that new mr clean wash system as well!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,333 Posts
No one beats the Big Bald guy. He knows how to clean. :thumbs:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
408 Posts
I'm not a detailing freak, I'd rather pay someone else to do it (especially my car). However, I have had good luck using Honda polish or Maguire's Quick Detail to take my finger prints off the paint before I give a bike back to its owner.

Larry
 

·
V-Twin Moddin
Joined
·
38,916 Posts
I've heard nothing but great things about the bald man clean system...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
my beast needs a bath, so after I put on the screening tonite or sunday, Im gonna give her a good once over with the new mr clean stuff..I'll let you know how I made out...and yeah, they'll be pics up of the mod.
 

·
V-Twin Moddin
Joined
·
38,916 Posts
twisty said:
There is nothing wrong with the bald man cleaning system. I like Simple Green!!!!
Yeah, I know. That's what I said! Heck I even bought one last night while at Meijer. Only cost my $18! A bunch of guys I know including my brother and father said it ROCKS!! So I picked it up to wash the new big crew cab. Would be much easier if it works well!!

As far as what I use on my bike is Maguiers..wash and wax products.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Gas Man said:
Yeah, I know. That's what I said! Heck I even bought one last night while at Meijer. Only cost my $18! A bunch of guys I know including my brother and father said it ROCKS!! So I picked it up to wash the new big crew cab. Would be much easier if it works well!!

As far as what I use on my bike is Maguiers..wash and wax products.
speaking of ur new ride chris..when u gonna put up some pics ?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
396 Posts
A gotta have in the cleaning arsonal is bug and tar remover. That shiznit works the ballz on the little buggies on the front.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
jdog said:
A gotta have in the cleaning arsonal is bug and tar remover. That shiznit works the ballz on the little buggies on the front.
dont forget goo gone..for those occasional mishaps as well..that stuff is the shiznit!!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,333 Posts
Need4Speed750 said:
dont forget goo gone..for those occasional mishaps as well..that stuff is the shiznit!!!

And Char-coal fluid. Now that takes off $hit I didn't even know it would take off. :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
396 Posts
GSXR750DJ said:
And Char-coal fluid. Now that takes off $hit I didn't even know it would take off. :D
paint included? :lol:
 
1 - 20 of 39 Posts
Top