Two Wheel Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Here's a couple links I came across while trying to stay awake at work tonite, detailing some of the best roads to ride in the different regions of the US, broken down by individual states. And also the world.

Pretty extensive . :cool:

62west.net

Motorcycle Rides in America


here's one for us PA riders..


This section needed alittle kick in the arse! :dthumb:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,333 Posts
Very nice on Matt. I posted something like this on another forum. Great for just wanting to go and see what roads are great to ride. Now all it needs is pics to add to it and it will be great. :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
GSXR750DJ said:
Very nice on Matt. I posted something like this on another forum. Great for just wanting to go and see what roads are great to ride. Now all it needs is pics to add to it and it will be great. :)
thats where we all come in..we ride the roads and then put up the pics :dthumb:
 

·
V-Twin Moddin
Joined
·
38,916 Posts
The first one doesn't have MI, so that don't help!

The second link is "no worky"!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Gas Man said:
The second link is "no worky"!!

sorry!! bout that...fixed it! :rolleyes:
 

·
V-Twin Moddin
Joined
·
38,916 Posts
Well c**p on my and call me stinky! That site blows big donkey dilly!! It only shows 2 things for Michigan and it doesn't even tell you that much. Don't tell me that there are some really nice roads in the u.p. I know this but I want a map!! DAMMIT!!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,333 Posts
Gas Man said:
....I want a map!! DAMMIT!!!

Ask and you shall receive. Looking at this map it has some roads with nice little curves and twisty's. And there are even some roads that make nice little squares. :lol:





Little big but it works.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
looks more like a map of a residential area to me
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Gas Man said:
Well c**p on my and call me stinky! That site blows big donkey dilly!! It only shows 2 things for Michigan and it doesn't even tell you that much. Don't tell me that there are some really nice roads in the u.p. I know this but I want a map!! DAMMIT!!!

here's something I found for you michigan guys/gals.. :cool:

and something else too


FYI.. Motorcycleroads.us works for all states, click here
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,333 Posts
Need4Speed750 said:
looks more like a map of a residential area to me

True. Very true. I see that I can't get anything past you. :lol:
 

·
V-Twin Moddin
Joined
·
38,916 Posts
GSXR750DJ said:
True. Very true. I see that I can't get anything past you. :lol:
That's what I was thinking about when I seen that. Looks more like the campus of MSU... :lol:

But those other sites look desent. The second link, shows alot of the same twisties that we already hit...but desent!! Are you sure you don't live here?? :lol:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,333 Posts
Need4Speed750 said:
Dont tempt me.. :D

NO Its colder there then it is here. If you move go south. But not to south. Not Fl. We don't need you getting washed out to sea by a hurricane or something. :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,394 Posts
The roads shown for Colorado are well known for the scenery, so they are usually crowded. And they are quite far from Denver. But when I'm on my bike, I'm concentrating on the road, so twisty is more important than scenery.

All the roads cutting down through the foothills, west of Denver are curvy. Some are more crowded than others. It's almost painful to get behind a slow motorhome on a curvy road with a double yellow. I know a very twisty dirt road that was recently paved. I will show friends where it is, but I won't publish it. :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
No Worries said:
The roads shown for Colorado are well known for the scenery, so they are usually crowded. And they are quite far from Denver. But when I'm on my bike, I'm concentrating on the road, so twisty is more important than scenery.

All the roads cutting down through the foothills, west of Denver are curvy. Some are more crowded than others. It's almost painful to get behind a slow motorhome on a curvy road with a double yellow. I know a very twisty dirt road that was recently paved. I will show friends where it is, but I won't publish it. :D

so if we can make it over your way at some point, you'll fill us in ? :D
 

·
V-Twin Moddin
Joined
·
38,916 Posts
No Worries said:
The roads shown for Colorado are well known for the scenery, so they are usually crowded. And they are quite far from Denver. But when I'm on my bike, I'm concentrating on the road, so twisty is more important than scenery.

All the roads cutting down through the foothills, west of Denver are curvy. Some are more crowded than others. It's almost painful to get behind a slow motorhome on a curvy road with a double yellow. I know a very twisty dirt road that was recently paved. I will show friends where it is, but I won't publish it. :D
What's the double yellow line have anything to do about it??? :confused: I don't understand, just go around the slow beast!! :redmc:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,333 Posts
Hey there No Worries. If your not sure how to pass on the twistys with a double yellow line, look at the WOS website. Twisty him self will show you how to do it from his Deals Gap run videos. :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I think NO Worries is concerned with more of the safety issue, when passing a slow poke on 4 wheels...but sometimes, you just do whatcha gotta do to keep movin, they dont call me need4speed for nothin :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,394 Posts
If anyone from TWF visits Colorado, I will show them twisties. Those motorhomes usually have a long row of vehicles behind them, which makes it hard to pass. I've been to the Deals Gap web site. With the law enforcement and 18 wheelers on that road, I'll stick with Colorado roads. My twisties have some Suburbans and Excursions, which are almost as big as 18 wheelers, but easier to get around.

But it depends what you like. Some love flat 80 MPH sweepers, and some like steep 10 MPH switchbacks. Colorado has both. I prefer the switchbacks, with massive acceleration and controlled braking between each. Where else do sport-touring bikes wear out the side threads before the center thread? I'll have to get a picture of my tires posted.
 
1 - 20 of 24 Posts
Top