Two Wheel Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, one more thread for you all. Can folks please post which insurance companies they know of that insure bikes for reasonable rates?

My current insurance at 31, 1 ticket and 25/50/25 limits, $500 deductible is right around 1k/yr. I am curious, as I'm sure a lot of new riders out there would be, what companies offer the better rates and what age/record bracket you need to fit into to get those kinds of rates.
Oh yeah. Bike is 2005 Suzuki SV650S, since the bike factors in also. :p

Thanks all for the great forums! :twfrox:

:bluemc:
-G

·
V-Twin Moddin
38,916 Posts
State Farm is by far the best around!!!

$500 a year... $500 collision deductable and they don't count tickets against your bike ins....

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
I find Progressive to be very cheap....although others will disagree. It's worth looking into. :thumbs:

·
V-Twin Moddin
38,916 Posts
That looks interesting!!

·
Registered
4,335 Posts
SpeedWerks.com said:
www.bike-line.com is the best we've found. Especially in terms of pricing. They deal in bikes only.
I may have to check them out in the future. However, I currently have State Farm because they were the cheapest.

As for Progressive being cheap, don't make me spit my drink on the monitor from laughing. Progressive was by FAR the highest when I got quotes. They wanted $1200 a year. I'm only paying State Farm $200 a year for same coverages. State Farm goes by CC's, not style of bike, plus the bike is a "recreational vehicle" so they don't count tickets against it. Only problem with State Farm is that you have to have a car insured with them to get the lower bike rates.

EDIT: Okay, I take that back about Progressive being the most expensive. bike-line.com is more expensive than Progressive. I ran a quote and used my Decs page from State Farm to make sure I entered the right information. The only thing that wasn't the same was that bike-line would only allow me to have 25K PD whereas State Farm has me at 50K. bike-line wanted over $1600 per year for nearly identical coverage!!!! Like I said above, I'm only paying $200 per year with State Farm! No offense Roach and Laura, but you guys might want to check into State Farm.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I just bought a Yamaha FZ6 new. And I went with State Farm- Like stated already, they only cared about the size of the motor.

I'm 28, Divorced, 1 ticket 2 years ago, and I'm paying $297/year, on a new policy. 500 Deductable- full coverage

Everyone else wanted over $1100/year

·
V-Twin Moddin
38,916 Posts
Exactly... SF all the way!!!

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
SpeedWerks.com said:
www.bike-line.com is the best we've found. Especially in terms of pricing. They deal in bikes only.
OUCH!!!!

Just did a quote with them - 29 yo., no tickets in last 5 years = $5,022.00/year!!! For my '04 1K

I think I'll stick with my $644/year at State Farm.

I need a smiley - "SF Rocks!" LOL

·
Registered
460 Posts
Tried to do a quote with bike-line, they don't have the Aprilia.

I am currently paying something like $400 per year on the Aprilia, and about $550 on the V-Max through Farmers. I have a grandfathered policy that is now unavailable. They now qualify the V-max as "uninsurable", so if I let it lapse, I'm screwed. I'm afraid to even ask about the Aprilia.

Progressive quoted me $996 per year on the Aprilia. More than double. They quoted my good friend $6800 per year on his 94 CBR 900RR. At that price, he'd be required to wreck it partway in to get his money out of it. He paid sub 5k for the bike.

GMAC is the best I've found on the V-max at $528 per year, but they won't touch the Aprilia.

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
Must vary state to state..... I got a quote thru state farm for $1200/yr and I'm paying $650/yr with Progressive. :screwy:

·
Registered
78 Posts
Gas Man said:
State Farm is by far the best around!!!

$500 a year... $500 collision deductable and they don't count tickets against your bike ins....
I went with State Farm when I got my bike. They asked if I've had any tickets or accidents in the last 3 years...I said no. They called me up in like a week and told me I recieved a ticket 2 1/2 years ago in VA and covered me for 30 more days and dropped me. That ticket was in a car that I recieved no points for. Awesome pricing...It was like $365 full coverage on a 2001 Honda F4i at the age of 25...but as I see it for the next 6 months, state farm can kiss my a$$ :cursin: I have to pay like $900 a year now, thats the best I found. Though I will go back when the ticket clears.

·
Registered
2,010 Posts
that price-line thing quoted me like 6k a year. lol state farm in pa you ahve to have some other insurance with them also you cant just do a biek with them.

·
V-Twin Moddin
38,916 Posts
Well F4i... you have to understand that in the insurance world THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS A NO POINT TICKET!!! PERIOD!!! I had a no point 5 over "energy conservation ticket" and they counted it as a standard 5 over 2pt ticket... that's the way of the biz... but I'll RANT with you.... :rant: :cursin:

·
Moderator , Lifetime Gold Supporting Member, '07 R
20,168 Posts
Gas Man said:
Well F4i... you have to understand that in the insurance world THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS A NO POINT TICKET!!! PERIOD!!! I had a no point 5 over "energy conservation ticket" and they counted it as a standard 5 over 2pt ticket... that's the way of the biz... but I'll RANT with you.... :rant: :cursin:
What the heck is that? :screwy:

·
V-Twin Moddin
38,916 Posts
It's a 5mph over ticket on the h/w.... here's the deal... I or somebody else gets pulled over for say 82 in a 65 (17 over)... cop writes you for a this NO POINT (as far as the state is concerned) 5mph over ticket.... it can only be written on a h/w this way as a "energy conservation ticket"

It's a BS thing... you figure you got a break 5 over instead of 17 over... you got no points... you are less likely to ask for a court date and therefor the city can have that cop out writing more of these tickets instead of sitting in court all day... hence make more money for the city!!

And for those of you in Michigan/metro detroit area... it was a Taylor COP!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts