Two Wheel Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,897 Posts
Have added to my 02 F650GS Corbin leather seat, Staintune Exhaust, Garmin GPS, blink, blink stop lights.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,897 Posts
Love my F650gs, this bike will ride freeway at 85 MPH all day, then you can hit the trails :)
My bike taking a break from Vancouver Island rain forrest trails ;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
tail rack

hey jetski did that tail rack come on the bike or was that aftermarket?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,897 Posts
BruceLee said:
hey jetski did that tail rack come on the bike or was that aftermarket?
Bruce
Using BMW tail box on F650GS.
XL helmet fits without any problems.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
So the tail rack came with the tail box??? or is it purchased seperate? the reason i ask is that i was looking for a tail rack(not necessarily the box) that would not interfere with my side bags.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,897 Posts
Bruce
BMW sells rack and box separate ;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
587 Posts
Mine came with the tall windshield and since I bought it used from my local dealer, I had the option to include a tall seat. Other than that, the bike looks so good I can't bring myself to modify it!

How do I add a picture of it to the gallery?

Cheers!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,897 Posts
L48Shark said:
Mine came with the tall windshield and since I bought it used from my local dealer, I had the option to include a tall seat. Other than that, the bike looks so good I can't bring myself to modify it!

How do I add a picture of it to the gallery?

Cheers!
If I had to only own one bike, F650GS would be it:thumbs:
F650GS does everything well. You can do trails, then take bike on cross country trip. Bikes top speed 110 MPH, will run all day at 85 MPH on the freeway without feeling like bike is coming a part. F650GS even handles well, plus 57 MPG is not to bad. :bike:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
587 Posts
jetskifast said:
If I had to only own one bike, F650GS would be it:thumbs:
F650GS does everything well. You can do trails, then take bike on cross country trip. Bikes top speed 110 MPH, will run all day at 85 MPH on the freeway without feeling like bike is coming a part. F650GS even handles well, plus 57 MPG is not to bad. :bike:
Agree with everything here.

[thread hijack]
I would be interested in trying an R1200 GS for its 6-speed, twice the power, and lack of vibration as compared to the 650 single.
[/thread hijack]
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
587 Posts
Back to the subject of this thread (F650 mods)... I just got back from tearing up some trails, where I managed to go down once. Are there any mirrors and front signals that will take abuse better than the stock ones? They can't take a hit without getting bent, cracked, or shearing right off the bike. The rear signals are well protected by the exhaust, but the fronts have no flex or anything. :nonod:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,897 Posts
L48Shark said:
Agree with everything here.

[thread hijack]
I would be interested in trying an R1200 GS for its 6-speed, twice the power, and lack of vibration as compared to the 650 single.
[/thread hijack]
L48 one thing I have found out about BMW motorcycle dealers, they let you test drive any of their bikes without any sales pressure. Just have to have a motorcycle license and sign paper you are responsible for bike. Go find a BMW dealer and test drive that R1200 GS :thumbs:
At the time I purchased my F650GS, debated about getting R1150 GS :bonk:
In the end I decided R1150 GS was to heavy for what I wanted to use my duel purpose bike for.
Regarding aftermarket mirrors and turn signals for F650GS, think I saw some aftermark ones posted at www.f650.com try doing a search.
 
1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Top