Two Wheel Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone,
New to the forum and to riding (Yes, I've taken the MSF course). I've gotten most of my gear, but the one thing I haven't been able to decide on is a pair of riding boots.

I would prefer something that is not a clunky workboot, but at the same time I don't want to look like a racer wannabe with Sidis on up to my knees. Any suggestions for a modern-style riding boot with adequate protection and comfort? Under $200 would be great, but all suggestions are appreciated.

Thanks!

·
Moderator , Lifetime Gold Supporting Member, '07 R
20,168 Posts
:welcome: :twfrox:
AGV, Tecnik, Moto-GP & Joe Rocket all have pretty good boots for that price.
You need to narrow your search to Sport Touring boots. :luck:
Check out Speedwerks.com

·
Registered
212 Posts
If you're doing mainly street riding, I recommend Sidi Scorpion boots. They are really light (lighter than Joe Rocket, Icon, & other street boots) and easy to put on/off. You could get them for around $150-170. I commute to school and work with it and I can walk in it for the whole day and not feel tired at all.

·
V-Twin Moddin
38,916 Posts
:welcome:

I understand your desire for a smaller and less aggresive boot. I have both... JR Speedmaster boots for the full leather and a set of Red Wing Steel toe boots for everyday jean riding...

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
I love my Alpine Stars! They do come up over the ankle but not way up and they easily fit under my jean leg. I used to wear some simple black logger style boots with a vibra sole that were nice. I would recommend something that comes up and over the ankle and good soles for protection tho :)

Welcome to the forum :welcome: Where you from and what do you ride?
:twfrox:

:welcome:

·
First 1000 Member, March 2008 BOTM Winner!
4,183 Posts
Check out the River Road line of boots, my girlfriend picked up a pretty nice pair of those a few weeks ago, and they seemed to have quite a bit of different styles.

·
V-Twin Moddin
38,916 Posts
twisty said:
I think Gas's are a good choice, Boots are a very important item to wear.
Thanks Twist! And you won't find me riding with anything but those boots... not anymore...

As Pippi pointed out... over the ankle is a very important if not the most important part! Your ankle is very easy to break!

These ideas hit very near home when a WOS rider broke his ankle when he went down on his bike... he had boots on and it was that easy when the bike lands on it!

As always... GEAR IS VERY VERY IMPORTANT!!

·
Registered
2,006 Posts
Gas Man said:
Thanks Twist! And you won't find me riding with anything but those boots... not anymore...

As Pippi pointed out... over the ankle is a very important if not the most important part! Your ankle is very easy to break!

These ideas hit very near home when a WOS rider broke his ankle when he went down on his bike... he had boots on and it was that easy when the bike lands on it!

As always... GEAR IS VERY VERY IMPORTANT!!

So are you saying riding in sandels is bad???? :spam:

·
Registered
2,010 Posts
i love my icon super duty boots, the ones b4 they got ugly. but then again i got them casue i wanted a more casual boot.

now on the sandal part. i go to pick up my GF/EX-GF/hope to soon be GF up at her house last year to go out. well she comes out, she has a nice jean jacket on, not riding gear but at least somethin, n jeans, n then i look at her toes, yeah flip flops she had on, i said do u want ur feet burnt off or rubbed raw. lol then she realized it might not be a good idea.

·
Registered
893 Posts
I'll tell you that I used to love wearing Skechers when I rode on the street. They had an extra inch on the sole to make my feet reach the ground better...they came up over the ankle, and they were only about $60. Great for women to consider instead of a "motorcycle specific" boot that can tend to cost more $$$.

-- Laura

·
V-Twin Moddin
38,916 Posts
Ace said:
So are you saying riding in sandels is bad???? :spam:
Nah you're cool!

And just as Speed said... that is why I wear Red Wings boots for the street... well that plus I got work to re-emburse me as I labeled them as work boots! I wear them to work when I ride to work... that's ok...right?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts