Two Wheel Forums banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the info, I was orginally going to get a 05 CBR600rr but I came across a great deal on this R6 and just couldn't pass it up. It's the ltd edition silver/black flames, came with jardin exhaust, had lowering links, two shoei phantom helmets and a yamaha racing jacket. Bike had 930 miles. 6,800 bucks, what do you guys think?? It was on ebay a little bit ago.

·
Registered
9,263 Posts
congrats, uve got MP's approval so ur good to go.. and u'll soon learn this as you hang around TWF..

:nopicsbs:

·
Registered
195 Posts
azncheeta08 said:
Sorry wish I could post some pics but no means to do so. Maybe I can borrow some stuff from my friend to post a couple, we'll see if I have some time.

Go grab a disposable camera, get the pics developed at some place like Wal Mart, and get the pics put on CD. Once on CD you can load them on your comp, then post 'em here. :dthumb:

·
Registered
2,876 Posts
twisty said:
I feel sorry for ya, better luck next tho.:wink:

Twisty,

I'm not trying to argue here, but why is it that all the people I know are like, "Buy a Gixxer! Buy a Gixxer!" I sat on them, don't particularly care for it. Is it cause it's cheap? Parts are less? What?

·
Registered
2,876 Posts
twisty said:
Did I say buy a Gixxer? No! I didnt.

No, I know you didn't. I was just asking cause I met these two guys tonight on base with their first bikes. One had a GSX-R750 and the other had a GSX-R1000, both were 2005s and their first bikes. I asked them why they bought them versus all the others out there and they just said "Cause everyone has Suzuki GSX-Rs."

So I'm asking you cause I know you got them.

Sorry if this is :jacked:

·
Registered
2,845 Posts
twisty said:
Did I say buy a Gixxer? No! I didnt.
You were thinking it Honda boy - go cut the lawn with that 600RR or something and shut yer pie hole..

6,800 for a 2004 with 930 miles - not bad. I would definately like to see pics of it. Here is mine at one stage or another. It pretty much looks the same now except for a couple of scratches and a broken corner of the windscreen due to a lowside..

·
Registered
2,006 Posts
azncheeta08 said:
Hello all, just bought a 04' R6 today. What kind of head light bulbs do I need to make it xenon like. Thanks.
If you want a bright color check into "Ion" blubs. I had them on my CBR, they are bright durring day and definately make you stand out. However the color spectrum at night sucks and they dont shine very far out.

·
Registered
17,886 Posts
I bought some Xonon bulbs for my 04 and they weren't really that bright. Well you would need H7's for your bike. I took out the violet ones out and put the stock back in. I can sell you mine for like 5 bucks + shipping if you want. Here's pics of mine w/ the xenon bulbs in.

·
V-Twin Moddin
38,916 Posts
I have APC ion blue H4 lights in my 9R.... they are hella bright and crystal white. I get compliments on them all the time from fellow riders. You can get them at most car parts stores such as Auto Zone, PepBoys, Advance Auto, Murrays...ect... they run about $30-$40 for a set!

·
Registered
17,886 Posts
Gas Man said:
I have APC ion blue H4 lights in my 9R.... they are hella bright and crystal white. I get compliments on them all the time from fellow riders. You can get them at most car parts stores such as Auto Zone, PepBoys, Advance Auto, Murrays...ect... they run about $30-$40 for a set!
I'm gonna stop at Autozone to check these out. Those xenon just aren't bright enough at night.

·
V-Twin Moddin
38,916 Posts
Mine are stupid bright. I can light up 5 lanes wide and about 25 yards or so in front of me at night! And that's low beams! I love them and they last about 2 years or so. Then one of the four lights will go out... like 1 high beam or 1 low beam...ya know... of coarse that depends on how much you use them. I generally run the high beams during the day and lows at night so that I get a nice mixture of use. But obviously the high's get more use. They really are great and alot easier to get and cheaper than the other MC lights that you may hear about.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts