Two Wheel Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
6,147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
BRANDON TOWNSHIP, Mich. -- A 9-year-old Davisburg boy was killed while riding a dirt bike on Memorial Day in Brandon Township.

The boy and his 12-year-old stepbrother were riding on trails near their grandfather's home when the incident occurred at about 1:39 p.m., according to Local 4 reports. The 9-year-old boy -- who was riding a TT R-90, tried to catch up to his stepbrother, but crashed into a barbed-wire fence and was ejected from the bike, according to the Oakland County Sheriff's Department.

The 9-year-old boy walked about 320 feet to his grandfather's house, but collapsed, according to the sheriff's department. Family members began cardiopulmonary resuscitation on the boy until emergency crews arrived.

The Brandon Township Fire Department transported the boy to Genesys Regional Medical Center. He was pronounced dead at about 2:28 p.m.

The sheriff's department said the boy was wearing a helmet. The crash remains under investigation.

·
Registered
941 Posts
Unfortunately, this was the headliner on the news here in Detroit last night. The older brother had no clue it happened becuase he was in the lead and just kept riding and never looked back. Sad. Very sad. That little boy managed to find the energy to get back to the house. Amazing showing of strength. I hate hearing about MC accidents but when it's a kid.....it's really really sad.

·
Registered
55 Posts
rip little man that is really sad when it's a kid I hate to hear about any one getting hurt or worse but specialy a kid

·
V-Twin Moddin
38,916 Posts
Yeah that sucks!! I go thru Brandon Township all the time!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts