Two Wheel Forums banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Banned
Joined
·
3,654 Posts
twisty said:
Please list the artical. I went to the ama website and it has the buell in last place on wensdays pratice and last in thursday qualifliy...

Here is the artical, Look what won!!!!

Five Buells in Top Ten with Hal’s Rider Finishing Third

DAYTONA BEACH, Fla. -- (Monday, March 07, 2005) Hal’s Performance Advantage rider Dan Bilansky opened the 2005 Formula-USA Thunderbike season with a third-place finish aboard a Buell Firebolt. Bilansky was one of five Buell riders to place in the top ten of the 10-lap race at Daytona International Speedway.

The race was won by Prieto Racing rider Michael Barnes on a Suzuki. Barnes was also the top qualifier for the race. David Yaakov was second, also on a Suzuki.

Hal’s Performance Advantage riders Sam Rozynski and Joe Rozynski finished fourth and fifth on Buell Firebolts, followed by Richie Morris Racing/Daytona Harley-Davidson rider Clint Brotz, also on a Buell Firebolt. Darren Danilowicz finished seventh and Robert Fisher placed eighth, both on Suzukis. Nate Kern placed ninth on a BMW, and Jim’s Harley-Davidson/Buell of St. Petersburg, Fla. rider Tim Hall was tenth on a Buell Firebolt.

Evo-Twin Racing/Harding Harley-Davidson riders David Estok, who won the 2004 Daytona Thunderbike race, and Bryan Bemisderfer, the defending F-USA Thunderbike champion, both had a disappointing race after qualifying Buell Firebolts second and third behind Barnes. Estok was running in second position with four laps to go when his clutch failed, perhaps a result of making three race starts, as red flags for accidents stopped the race twice on the first lap. Bemisderfer was slowed by a mechanical problem early in the race and was making laps for points when he was forced to retire on lap eight. Bartels’ Harley-Davidson/Newcastle Harley-Davidson rider Shawn Higbee qualified fifth on his Buell Firebolt, but crashed on the first lap of the final.

The next event on the eight-race Formula-USA Thunderbike schedule is April 23-25 at Road America, Elkhart Lake, Wis.

The Formula USA National Thunderbike series is a horsepower-to-weight ratio restricted class, open to a variety of production-based motorcycles. Buell-mounted riders competing in the eight-event 2005 Thunderbike series race for a share of the $70,500 contingency fund posted by Buell Motorcycle Company.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Glad you found the article Twisty. I was recalling what I saw on speedtv last night just before I went to bed.
I saw that a Buell (#34 iirc) had placed 5th in qualifying. But I couldn't remember which race the qualifying was for.
Anyway.. It looks like the buells may make a good show this year (hopefully) even with the limited backing. I think HD was going to provide funds for those who race, but they were not going to actually put up a full race team this year.
 

·
First 1000 Member, March 2008 BOTM Winner!
Joined
·
4,183 Posts
chev said:
This hurts to say but I fear a Suzuki will win the 200 on saturday too.
(DONT READ THIS IF YOU DONT WANT TO KNOW THE RESULTS OF THE SUPERSTOCK RACE AT DAYTONA)





:whistle:




Not sure about the 200, I think it will be Zemke or Duhamel on the Hondas, but as far as Superstock, I think the GSXR's are going to own this season. They were 1 2 3 on the podium for the Superstock race. Even MJ's new Suzuki was on the podium!
 

·
First 1000 Member, March 2008 BOTM Winner!
Joined
·
4,183 Posts
OK, there is NO BUELL in the Daytona 200. They made a mistake. And the article twisty posted, i noticed after reading it for the second time, must be some other race, because they said it was finished and it was all buell with a prize provided by buell.

They said on speed Mike Barnes was the Buell rider who got 5th. Mike Barnes got 5th, unfortunately it was on a Yamaha.

The only Buell rider they could afford to send to Daytona was Shawn Higbee, and he crashed early in the week and severed 2 fingers and will not be in the race.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
3,654 Posts
pickle.of.doom said:
OK, there is NO BUELL in the Daytona 200. They made a mistake. And the article twisty posted, i noticed after reading it for the second time, must be some other race, because they said it was finished and it was all buell with a prize provided by buell.

They said on speed Mike Barnes was the Buell rider who got 5th. Mike Barnes got 5th, unfortunately it was on a Yamaha.

The only Buell rider they could afford to send to Daytona was Shawn Higbee, and he crashed early in the week and severed 2 fingers and will not be in the race.


WOW I got that from buell.com.....LIARS....Buell SUCKS MONKEY BALLS!!!!! :loser:
 

·
First 1000 Member, March 2008 BOTM Winner!
Joined
·
4,183 Posts
I dunno twisty .. I think that the Thunderbike formula xtreme was an all v-twin race with buell's and HD's that they did last weekend. SPEED clearly printed that Mike barnes was ona Buell, but they were wrong, he picked up a One time deal to ride a Yammie in the 200, and he will be on the buell for the rest of the showings this season. They fooled everyone hehe
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
3,654 Posts
pickle.of.doom said:
I dunno twisty .. I think that the Thunderbike formula xtreme was an all v-twin race with buell's and HD's that they did last weekend. SPEED clearly printed that Mike barnes was ona Buell, but they were wrong, he picked up a One time deal to ride a Yammie in the 200, and he will be on the buell for the rest of the showings this season. They fooled everyone hehe

http://www.buell.com/en_us/news_events/newsdetail.asp?news_id=666


Heres the link
 

·
Moderator , Lifetime Gold Supporting Member, '07 R
Joined
·
20,168 Posts
I still don't think a Buell will ever be any better than a Monster and better suited for fun street ridding.
Not knocking Buell, just don't think there race quality! At least not against the average race bike. :2cents:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
84 Posts
Ya I agree with that ,probally a good street bike 4 some . But on the track 200 miles is a long distance 4 a H-D motor to hold up .. I do like the new track layout at Daytona . Looks alot safer the way onto the banking . The way they used to do it was crazy . :screwy:
 

·
Moderator , Lifetime Gold Supporting Member, '07 R
Joined
·
20,168 Posts
super954 said:
Ya I agree with that ,probally a good street bike 4 some . But on the track 200 miles is a long distance 4 a H-D motor to hold up .. I do like the new track layout at Daytona . Looks alot safer the way onto the banking . The way they used to do it was crazy . :screwy:
Na, they just adjust the valves during a 20 minute pit stop. :lol:
 
1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top