Two Wheel Forums banner
1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Made the choice yesterday. Drove the Honda 919, its a great bike. Like my old 750 Nighthawk, but faster. Also drove the Hayabusa. Kinda like a, um..., well..., its faster than anything I've ever driven!
As soon as I sell my Vette (anyone want an inexpensive 2000 Vert.?), I'm getting it! :drool:
BTW: Does anyone know what its max gear speed is stock (mph in 1st, 2nd, and 3rd)??

:twfrox:
 

·
Moderator , Lifetime Gold Supporting Member, '07 R
Joined
·
20,168 Posts
Busa Vette? That's a tuff decision.
Post some pic's of the Vette, how much and where you are at.
Need this info.
 

·
V-Twin Moddin
Joined
·
38,916 Posts
:sorry: but you're comparing a Honda 919 and 750 Nighthawk to a Busa!! :screwy: No wonder you THINK the Busa is fast!!! :nonod: Go test drive a '05 GSXR 1K or a Kaw 10R then you'll KNOW what fast is!!! Ditch the Busa and go for some new technology!!!! :2cents:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Vette info...

jeeps84 said:
Busa Vette? That's a tuff decision.
Post some pic's of the Vette, how much and where you are at.
Need this info.
Can't seem to send it on the forum :cursin:
I can send it to a regular email address though (not exactly a computer whiz :bonk: )

I'm selling it at $23,900 in Denver,CO area. It is a 2000 tri-black vert with 62k miles, 6spd, fully loaded, HUD, sound upgrades, etc.
 

·
Moderator , Lifetime Gold Supporting Member, '07 R
Joined
·
20,168 Posts
BlackJackel said:
Can't seem to send it on the forum :cursin:
I can send it to a regular email address though (not exactly a computer whiz :bonk: )

I'm selling it at $23,900 in Denver,CO area. It is a 2000 tri-black vert with 62k miles, 6spd, fully loaded, HUD, sound upgrades, etc.
That's more than I'm willing to drive.
Reasonable price.
You can send pic's to me and I will post for you. [email protected]
Have you posted on the Corvette Forum?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,333 Posts
Welcome and congrats on your choice to get a Busa.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,010 Posts
Gas Man said:
:sorry: but you're comparing a Honda 919 and 750 Nighthawk to a Busa!! :screwy: No wonder you THINK the Busa is fast!!! :nonod: Go test drive a '05 GSXR 1K or a Kaw 10R then you'll KNOW what fast is!!! Ditch the Busa and go for some new technology!!!! :2cents:
yup what GAS said. if you wanna go real real fast drive one of those. most ppl dont realize now that the busa and 12r are not really the fastes most hp bikes. there not even getitng updated anymore.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
505 Posts
Put your Vette up on corvetteforum.com in the C5's For Sale/Wanted section. There are a ton of people through those forums everyday. You'll have people there looking strictly for a vette, but your price might have to be competitive with all the others on there. Good luck, and dont buy a busa. :thumbs:
 

·
V-Twin Moddin
Joined
·
38,916 Posts
zx636r said:
yup what GAS said. if you wanna go real real fast drive one of those. most ppl dont realize now that the busa and 12r are not really the fastes most hp bikes. there not even getitng updated anymore.
Well they don't need to update them... that's the sad part... people are all like :drool: BUSA this BUSA that... it has 1300cc's IT MUST BE THE FASTEST!! :puke: UM NO!!!

They still sell the Busa like crazy so why F with it! But as you said 636, the new GSXR 1K is LOADS better, faster, and more advanced than the current or any Busa!! I would venture to say that the 1k has been that way for at least 2 years now going on 3 years...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,718 Posts
Blackjackel...congrats on the busa. :cheers: Anytime you buy a Suzuki your making the right choice....

Don't listen to these Kawi jokesters, they're full of :bs: :D

And welcome to TWF.... :cheers: :twfrox:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,010 Posts
2FURYUS said:
Blackjackel...congrats on the busa. :cheers: Anytime you buy a Suzuki your making the right choice....

Don't listen to these Kawi jokesters, they're full of :bs: :D

And welcome to TWF.... :cheers: :twfrox:
ur just made caseu you bought a busa and any new 1kcc bike will smoke it. lmao. plus busa and 12r are for old ppl that dont want to take any turns. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :whistle:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,718 Posts
zx636r said:
ur just made caseu you bought a busa and any new 1kcc bike will smoke it. lmao. plus busa and 12r are for old ppl that dont want to take any turns. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :whistle:
lol, I knew it wouldn't take long....12r is for old (and slow) people but not the busa. :nonod: :lol:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,010 Posts
12r slow???? 100cc less then the busa but puts up the same numbers????

ok let me put it this way, i know everyone needs loving but driving a busa is like riding a fat biotch. you may like it but you dont tell anyone about it. lmfao personal opinion, i dont like it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,718 Posts
zx636r said:
12r slow???? 100cc less then the busa but puts up the same numbers????

ok let me put it this way, i know everyone needs loving but driving a busa is like riding a fat biotch. you may like it but you dont tell anyone about it. lmfao personal opinion, i dont like it.
It might put up close numbers, but the 12r is a bigger pig in the handling dept...
 

·
Moderator , Lifetime Gold Supporting Member, '07 R
Joined
·
20,168 Posts
zx636r said:
12r slow???? 100cc less then the busa but puts up the same numbers????

ok let me put it this way, i know everyone needs loving but driving a busa is like riding a fat biotch. you may like it but you dont tell anyone about it. lmfao personal opinion, i dont like it.
Busa is a fat biotch but, its well worth bragging about. :lol:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,394 Posts
If you want to look at numbers, look at the busa's torque curve. That's why people buy busa's. But torque is mysterious to most riders, so they just look at the maximum horsepower. Some riders think that a dyno measures horsepower. It measures torque, and is then converted to horsepower, which is a measure of torque and time.

Why do riders like the GSXR 1000 over the other liter bikes? Mid-range (useable) torque. Because it has the longest stroke. The R1 has the shortest stroke and can rev over 13k. Who cares? I would take the busa over any one of them, and not just because I'm old. It's because I'm informed, I don't ride on a track, I don't ride with anyone I have to impress with stats, and I actually like to ride more than 100 miles/day. And everything I've read about the busa says it handles quite well.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,010 Posts
i know all about torque and im a huge fan of it too. lol my opion is that torque means a he!! of alot mroe than HP. same reason i am a fan of the V8. but as i stated b4 a busa is for somoen who wants a more relaxing ride.
 
1 - 20 of 53 Posts
Top