Two Wheel Forums banner

buyin 1st bike

2K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  Aesop Ninja 
#1 ·
gettin ready to buy my 1st bike. i have a stang in the 8s so i dont want a slow one and i am 6'5'' and 260lbs and of course i want to be comfortable. im lookin for suggestions and recomendations. 900+cc

#2 ·
I already said this in your other thread, but I cannot express myself enough on this..

biggallemore said:
heres the situation.... father and grandfather both passed away when i was 13. both had life insurance. im an only child. i now have a 95mustang runnin 8s in the 1/4. now i am lookin to get a bike. im 6'5'' and 260lbs. im thinkin bout gettin a busa because of the size of the bike and the speed. curious on opinions and suggestions on the buying my 1st bike. also curious when the 187mph top speed gentlemen agreement went into effect. p.s. ive got some riding experience on a cbr600 that a friend owned. he went overseas i babysat the bike. p.s.s. im lookin for a bike i can take out on streets and comfortably ride around no long trips i just dont want anything to extreme to street (like my stang)
First off :welcome: Biggallemore and :twfrox: ...Dude are you NUTS!!!??? I don't care if you have some rideing experience. a BUSA is WAY!!! too much bike for you right now. You will get hurt so fast I promise.
You need to start out on a 98-02 Gixxer 600, R6, CBR 600, Katana 600, SV650(S), or a new SV650(S).
Here is a thread you NEED to read:
CLICK HERE and please read the whole thread, and any link in here.

Also: look thru the forum and see what everyone thinks on a first bike.

#4 ·
Grafixx01 said:
I replied in your Suzuki post. Though this should have been put into "Beginner's Corner".
:iagree: :withstupi

#5 ·
:welcome: though this is a cool forum

#6 ·
My first bike was and is a 900. got it a couple months ago... Im 6'2 200 lbs. Its just the right height for me and the power is kick ass.. But im extremely greedy. And faster is always better. But this bike will be just dandy for years to come. Shes fast.. But a Hayabusa would be faster...lol....Ill keep dreamin :drool:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.