Two Wheel Forums banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Administrator
Joined
·
10,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have a setup to share or a kit where a newbie could hook one up? I think watching yourself riding is one of the best learning tools.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,333 Posts
I know Twisty will know. I have seen some of the videos they have on their site with that set up on one of the bikes when they went to Deals Gap. :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,263 Posts
Good idear..could have a TWF track day video section.. :yesnod:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,845 Posts
Yeah Twisty has a sweet setup. I have been trying to work with him and WOS Racing to start a venture up where we sell them on Ebay.. This is still in the works and I think will take off in the upcoming cold months.. Maybe he could sell you a "prototype".
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,333 Posts
double2000r6 said:
Yeah Twisty has a sweet setup. I have been trying to work with him and WOS Racing to start a venture up where we sell them on Ebay.. This is still in the works and I think will take off in the upcoming cold months.. Maybe he could sell you a "prototype".

That sounds sweet. Let us know. Maybe me and Matt could get in on that since we are always riding and start filming it. Sounds great. Keep us updated. :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
197 Posts
I would love to take some video on the track, but unfortunately the track day group I run with doesn't permit them. Something to do with some guy trying to hot dog for his camera and ending up REAR ENDING the owner of the organization last year!!! :(

NESBA allows them, but Team Pro-Motion doesn't... I only ran with TPM this year...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,263 Posts
stevnmd said:
I would love to take some video on the track, but unfortunately the track day group I run with doesn't permit them. Something to do with some guy trying to hot dog for his camera and ending up REAR ENDING the owner of the organization last year!!! :(

NESBA allows them, but Team Pro-Motion doesn't... I only ran with TPM this year...

Speaking of TPM..I've heard alot of good things about them,and met them at a recent bike show down in timonium. How do you like riding with them ?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
197 Posts
They're GREAT folks!!! I love TPM. You probably met Dave (head of tech inspections and a senior coach), Glenn (the owner and INCREDIBLE rider, former pro racer), and Linda (she pretty much runs the show).
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,263 Posts
I do remember seeing a woman there, was probably linda, but cant remember who the guy was. But it really seemed cool. Im really seriously considering checking into this.

Thanks :thumbs:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
197 Posts
Seriously CONSIDERING checking into them? No THINKING about it. Let me know what you want to know. I ran a ton of track days with them this season. I also did corner work for them at Summit Point. I know a number of their coaches pretty well now. Feel free to ask me whatever questions you have!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,263 Posts
Sweet, thanks man..I'll take ya up on that !
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,333 Posts
stevnmd said:
Seriously CONSIDERING checking into them? No THINKING about it. Let me know what you want to know. I ran a ton of track days with them this season. I also did corner work for them at Summit Point. I know a number of their coaches pretty well now. Feel free to ask me whatever questions you have!

Sweet. What all can you tell us about it. Price, time on track, beginners lesson or what. I know some tracks offer a first time on the track course and let you run it 2 or 3 20 mins sessions. Does this one as well you ride on?? What ever info you have would be great. Thanks.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,263 Posts
GSXR750DJ said:
Sweet. What all can you tell us about it. Price, time on track, beginners lesson or what. I know some tracks offer a first time on the track course and let you run it 2 or 3 20 mins sessions. Does this one as well you ride on?? What ever info you have would be great. Thanks.

See all that info here :dthumb:
 

·
V-Twin Moddin
Joined
·
38,916 Posts
What alot of guys do is mount a lipstic cam someplace on their bike after tech inspection. Put the actual camera in the tail! I know a certain WOS rider that has did this before.... :whistle:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
197 Posts
Yeah, but why risk it? If tech were to find it I'm sure that would prematurely end your day...

Besides, ONBOARD video is just to show off. Video from off the track allowing you to see your body position and watch your braking and shifting and when you rolled on the throttle is MUCH more valuable data if you plan to use it to improve your riding...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,263 Posts
twisty said:
I use the pics that the photo person takes to inprove body postion. My cam is just for me. I love watching myself passing racer wantabees.

and they make great additions to the WOS video features on ur site! ;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
197 Posts
Don't get me wrong... I'd LOVE to take my vid cam out on the track. I wish TPM would change their policy, but I understand why it's in effect and respect it..

I'll have to post some vids here... :D
 
1 - 20 of 41 Posts
Top