Two Wheel Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2,876 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, well I'd already have to say no. But here is why I am asking this question. As of late, I have been doing much riding. I actually put over 400 miles on the bike today just riding up to Albequerque, NM and back to El Paso, Texas. But for the past couple of days, I haven't been able to feel like my middle and ring fingers on my left hand. You think it could be from riding too much? or like since my back is completely blown out at the lower portion? (though I was told that won't have any effect on my upper body) The back should only effect my lower extremedies, which explains why my right leg goes numb like 6-10times a day for like 30-45 minutes at a time. I just hope it don't happen when I'm riding though, but luckily it's only the rear brake on that side!

·
Registered
9,790 Posts
I ride alot like that 300 to 400 miles a day. Your body has to get use to this, it is hard on ya, I know if I don't ride for a few days and go for a long ride I am so sore, worn out and tired. If I go out almost everyday of the week 300 to 400 miles a day I'm not quite as sore, but I'm still tired.

oh and NO riding too much isn't bad!

·
Registered
2,876 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Mudpuppy said:
yeah that and your little swimmers are weakened by too much riding..
:lol: that's funny. It's cool, don't plan on kids within the next 5yrs anyways. Unless some woman crawls in my bedroom window and has her way with me.

·
Registered
212 Posts
What you're describing does not sound normal to me at all. I know a lot of riders who has been riding much longer and logged in tons of miles and I have never heard of someone's leg going numb that many time in a day. Could it be from something else? You really need to start adjusting your riding positions, get your suspension dialed in, and making small adjustments on ur bike to make ur ride a little more comfortable.

*Or maybe you're just too old to be on a sportbike? You know there are BMW and HD out there.... :rofl:

·
Registered
2,876 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Samurai_Jack said:
What you're describing does not sound normal to me at all. I know a lot of riders who has been riding much longer and logged in tons of miles and I have never heard of someone's leg going numb that many time in a day. Could it be from something else? You really need to start adjusting your riding positions, get your suspension dialed in, and making small adjustments on ur bike to make ur ride a little more comfortable.

*Or maybe you're just too old to be on a sportbike? You know there are BMW and HD out there.... :rofl:

No guy, age ain't the problem. When I was in the Army, I blew out the lower portion of my back so the discs actually cut off the nerves in my legs, that's why the leg goes numb. I tried to ride on crusiers, but the vibrations and horrible rear suspension hurt my back more. The riding position in the R6 actually is ok for my back. It doesn't hurt it at all. The slight vibration that I do feel actually acts as though it's a massage. Plus, I know someone who is a massuse (sp) so I am gonna see if she can hook me up like once a week or whenever I need it for a back massage.

·
Registered
941 Posts
Grafixx01 said:
No guy, age ain't the problem. When I was in the Army, I blew out the lower portion of my back so the discs actually cut off the nerves in my legs, that's why the leg goes numb. I tried to ride on crusiers, but the vibrations and horrible rear suspension hurt my back more. The riding position in the R6 actually is ok for my back. It doesn't hurt it at all. The slight vibration that I do feel actually acts as though it's a massage. Plus, I know someone who is a massuse (sp) so I am gonna see if she can hook me up like once a week or whenever I need it for a back massage.
This massuse......that's not one of those girls that work at a "spa" is it!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

As for your hands for fingers hurting...you're putting too much weight on your hands and wrists. Sit back, enjoy the ride.

·
Moderator , Lifetime Gold Supporting Member, '07 R
20,168 Posts
Small adjustment like moving slightly in the seat and relaxing your grip or even riding with on hand will help all the fatigue. Don't for get to get off and take a brake.

·
Registered
2,876 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Will take breaks. I usually don't even have the left hand on the bar at all, unless I'm in traffic or going through a turn. Usually it's resting on the tank. That's the hand that has the "non-feeling middle and ring fingers"

·
V-Twin Moddin
38,916 Posts
A little work out work out, might help as well!

·
Registered
5,314 Posts
Gas Man said:
A little work out work out, might help as well!
i agree, even streatching before a ride will improve comfort dramatically. Try that, and i dont mean sissy [email protected] streatching, really loosen up. Tell me if it helps.n Its all about blood flow.

·
Registered
2,876 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
JK_DILLA said:
i agree, even streatching before a ride will improve comfort dramatically. Try that, and i dont mean sissy [email protected] streatching, really loosen up. Tell me if it helps.n Its all about blood flow.

I'm usually good. Although sometimes when I get low, the sides of my hip start hurting so I gotta stop and stretch that out.

·
Registered
9,790 Posts
I just got home from doing some hard 300 miles, I am so sore and numb. I found a CBR today hitting up some twisties so I turned around to follow him, he knew some good roads, he took me out to a state park and lake with some nice turns, I think I spent more time hanging off to the side of the bike today than I ever have in a given day. I took the interstate home for 60 miles, and made it home in 45 minutes and that was bookin it at 90 to 140 mph the whole way. I could just colapse now.

·
Registered
2,876 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
SVupON1 said:
I just got home from doing some hard 300 miles, I am so sore and numb. I found a CBR today hitting up some twisties so I turned around to follow him, he knew some good roads, he took me out to a state park and lake with some nice turns, I think I spent more time hanging off to the side of the bike today than I ever have in a given day. I took the interstate home for 60 miles, and made it home in 45 minutes and that was bookin it at 90 to 140 mph the whole way. I could just colapse now.

That's funny. It took me like 35-40minutes to make a 66mile trip at like 90+ the entire way.

·
Registered
9,790 Posts
Grafixx01 said:
That's funny. It took me like 35-40minutes to make a 66mile trip at like 90+ the entire way.
The trip back was probably a little over 60 to 70 miles, and I caught a few red lights once I got in town. But over all I was haulin @ss.

·
Registered
2,876 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
SVupON1 said:
The trip back was probably a little over 60 to 70 miles, and I caught a few red lights once I got in town. But over all I was haulin @ss.

Speeding is bad, very very bad. I don't do it, you shouldn't, nobody should... :leaving:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts