Two Wheel Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7,333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How many of us out there have tried this? I hear there is a place out in Cali or somewhere like that. But what you do is put it in neutral and just go down from the top and see how you do.

Has anyone heard of this?

·
Registered
2,394 Posts
Many of the bicyclists can come down my favorite curves, Lookout Mountain, in neutral, but I don't recommend it for motorcycles. I like being in complete control, one reason I make a lousy passenger. Upshifting and downshifting are half the fun of riding on curves. Accelerating out of a curve going downhill, and braking for the next curve is thrilling. Plus, I think it is illegal to ride in neutral.

·
Registered
9,263 Posts
nothing like flying, out without any engine power to back up, as you go down a freekin mountiain :bash: DUH!!!

·
Registered
7,333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I was talking to someone the other day and he told me about it and I remember reading it in a cycle mag awhile back. Just wondering if anyone else has heard of it. But I do agree on wanting the power from the bike coming out of the curvers. :)

·
Registered
1 Posts
we have plenty of mtn. roads that it would be possible to coast down but it would be less fun, probably more dangerous and you wouldn't be able to corner as well

ive never heard of this concept

·
Registered
7,333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
chesus said:
we have plenty of mtn. roads that it would be possible to coast down but it would be less fun, probably more dangerous and you wouldn't be able to corner as well

I saw it in Cycle World Mag a few yrs back and I was looking on their site in the archives and I can't find it. Will look for it more tonight.

·
Registered
460 Posts
GSXR750DJ said:
How many of us out there have tried this? I hear there is a place out in Cali or somewhere like that. But what you do is put it in neutral and just go down from the top and see how you do.

Has anyone heard of this?
I've done it at lower speeds in the mountains by Alice's Restaurant. You are going so slowly because of all of the traffic that all you need are brakes and neutral. I actually shut my bike completely off for several miles.
:)

·
Registered
9,263 Posts
chesus said:

Unless you're paying me motorcycle mag editor wages, ur not gonna catch me trying it.. :eek:

BTW..welcome to TWF :dthumb:

·
Registered
7,333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hey chesus...Sorry I didn't welcome you in my prev post. I didn't notice that was your first post. Sorry for that.

Welcome to TWF and post away. Glad your here. By the way, just curious, how did you hear of us?? :)

·
Registered
9,263 Posts
be sure to check out our regional section for cali, we've got a few peeps there that you might be able to hook up with.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.