Two Wheel Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
9,263 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
GANG BILL FILED IN SOUTH CAROLINA
State Senators Jake Knotts (R-West Columbia) and Dick Elliott (D-North Myrtle Beach) have pre-filed a bill that would make it illegal to intimidate someone into joining or leaving a gang. A similar bill has been filed in the House.

The legislation defines a criminal gang as five or more people who organize to commit criminal activity, which could include hate groups, motorcycle gangs and terrorist groups.

Steve Nawojczyk, a gang expert from Little Rock, Ark., said the measure is similar to what other states have enacted.

Richland County Assistant Prosecutor David Pascoe said the bill could help better prove a defendant is a gang member. Sometimes, such information is not presented to a jury because the information could be prejudicial, he said.

Knotts has tried unsuccessfully for several years to pass a bill making intimidation of prospective members illegal. Last year, a bill made it to the Senate floor but died without a vote.
Note the underlined passage in the quote. Since speeding down the dragon, is by definition a crime, we could all be facing possible gang related charges... hmmm... :here:

·
Registered
9,263 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
If you think about it, it does have some merit.. I mean speeding is a crime if they catch us, we're all going to the slammer. but the key is catching us right!! :yesnod:

·
Registered
4,335 Posts
GSXR750DJ said:
NOw that is funny. :lol:
It's funny, but it's true. Heck, their drag racing law says that two or more people who leave a spot at the same time, regardless of their actual speed, are drag racing. So, if two people pull out of a parking area at the same time, but travel under the speed limit, they could be charged with drag racing. Now, I would hope the cops wouldn't do that, and I would assume they will just use that to tack on extra charges if you're caught speeding. However, it's a gray area and is a way for them to pad the fines and increase revenues.

·
Registered
9,263 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ShanMan14 said:
That's one interpretation. I'd say it's a stretch.
would you throw us all in the slammer shan ?? :whistle:

·
V-Twin Moddin
38,916 Posts
Let's not forget lane spliting and passing over double yellow lines!!!

WOS is a gang!!! ROCK ON!!!!

·
Registered
32 Posts
The Gap isn't in SC, so no gang issues there. The General Store is in NC, but most of the road is in Tennessee. It is the drag racing laws of Tennessee that gets people. Two people do not have to be involved in order for them to hang you. Several years ago a couple of plain clothes guys with a video cam were encouraging and taping bikers getting rowdy at the overlook. That afternoon they came back and started nabbing everyone. Be wary of people with video cams.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts