Two Wheel Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
9,257 Posts
larryg said:
I can't find what I was looking for...essentially, you loop a piece of string around the back of the rear tire and run the ends up by the front tire. You tie the ends to objects that allow you to set the string equal distances from each side of the front tire. You can now check the rear wheel alignment by seeing how the front of the rear tire sits in relation to the string.

I hope that helps.

Larry
Im gonna try that tomorrow..thanks. :)

· Registered
9,257 Posts
How long..

How long do chains normally last..I've had shaft drive for a long time, and havent kept my other bikes, chain drive, long enough to need to deal with it.
I plan on keeping my kat for a long time, I love it, so thought I'd ask. :)

· Registered
9,257 Posts
Big Kahuna said:
I get about 10,000 - 12,000 miles out of a 525/530 chain. Not sure how long this 520 chain will last. I'll just have to wait and see.
Thanks for the info..that gives me something to go by..only have 8,000 miles on my ride, so its all good for awhile. and you lube the chain every 300-500 miles, right? oh, is chain wax and chain lube the same thing? just wanna make sure.

· Registered
9,257 Posts
Big Kahuna said:
Yeah, the "chain wax" I use is a lubricant, I just prefer it to the other junk that goops on and then flings all over the place the first time you ride it. I'm not kidding when I say if you let the chain wax sit for 15-20 minutes, you won't get any fling. The trick is to warm the chain up with a short ride before you apply the lube.

I don't want to sound like a "know it all" as I've been called on other forums. I'm just letting you know what has worked for me. :)
dont sweat it dude...if you know the answer, then by all means...its all good...thanks for the info...the more responses, the better. Personal experience is the best way to go. ;)

· Registered
9,257 Posts
well i guess if jackin a thread is going to happen, might as well keep in the same general tech area.. :lol: but thanks for the links..im due to lube mine this weekend, so I'll check em out !

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.