Two Wheel Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I heard rumors of changes for the 06 buells but nothing specific if anyone hears anything i would love to know it may affect wether or not i put any more money into the bike i got now.

·
V-Twin Moddin
38,916 Posts
Changes in this instance would be good! :lol:

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i read in a post on another board that they may be coming out with 2 new models and in a different one that they were going to change the engine.
i dont like the cityx and am worried what kind of styling nightmare they have thought up i wish they would just improve the engine on the firebolt.

·
Moderator , Lifetime Gold Supporting Member, '07 R
20,168 Posts
Get use to it.
In the Sport Bike world change is every day/year.

From what I've read and heard is that, Buell will not stop until they are competitive with the Japs.
Maybe in our life time but not with a true Harley motor.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Buell new engine

I read in a magasine (magazine?) that the short stoke, larger bore(3.815in.) engine,1170cc is doing better in the racing world than the long stroke reg. bore (3.5in.) 1200cc. I wonder if they could put 4 valves, larger pistons and make the engine rev higher than 7500rpm as a limit? Tell me if I'm wrong but the kawa 2000 Vulcan got 4 valves/cylinder and the heads are cooled by oil better than Buell, permitting 4 valves/cyl. , if its right, why not making an 9k rev. limit and 4valves/cyl., that will probably permit a significant increase in hp an be more interesting for eventual buyers. Any opinion on this?

·
Registered
21 Posts
I don't know about the Vulcan engine but the Buell engine is a pushrod engine. It has a lot more parts in the valve train to move which is it's weakest link.

·
V-Twin Moddin
38,916 Posts
Has anything else been heard for 2006?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Yes, Buell has improved the transmission on their 06 models. They also have two new models with a little longer wheelbase. One is a dual sport and one is a Lightning long model.

·
Contest Winner, '07 Rally Veteran , November 2007
7,649 Posts
buy a jap, probelm sovled

·
V-Twin Moddin
38,916 Posts
brupska said:
Yes, Buell has improved the transmission on their 06 models. They also have two new models with a little longer wheelbase. One is a dual sport and one is a Lightning long model.
Really!! That might make it a bit more interesting!

·
Moderator , Lifetime Gold Supporting Member, '07 R
20,168 Posts
Gas Man said:
Really!! That might make it a bit more interesting!
:iagree: Buell Needs a bike a little longer and more stable for the newbie's. As slow as they are. The right rider can be very fast in the corners. Just no room for error with the current short wheel base.:2cents:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.