Two Wheel Forums banner

Chatterbox modding

1K views 11 replies 5 participants last post by  Judd 
#1 ·
I just bought a Chatterbox set-up, the GMRS version. I was wondering if anyone knows of a way to mod the radio to open up more frequencies? Any Hams in here will know exactly what I'm talking about. I would like to be able to talk to other folks and most folks seem to have the FRS versions. Also would like to be able to talk with people in cars if I am travelling with them, once again,, most people have the cheaper FRS radios.

#6 ·
Gas Man said:
What the 15 channels and 38 talk groups isn't enough? :screwy:

If I'm reading the manual right, no,,, 15 channels are not enough as they are not FRS freqs. Now, if I'm missing something and there are a few FRS freqs thrown in there somewhere, good,, I won't need any more. I just wanted to be able to talk with other people and other people have FRS radios 90% of the time. Anyone know for sure?

I was hoping it would be something simple like breaking a solder bridge or making a solder bridge as in the case of alot of amature radios.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.