Two Wheel Forums banner
1 - 6 of 39 Posts

· Registered
604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So...
I've never had one and never seen one is use either. Rider to rider communication is important to me, but it ties with being able to pump other audio into my helmet as well. Primarily I've been riding solo (since I got my license) but I'd also like to be able to talk to my mom and her boyfriend (my mom is always a passenger).

I think the FRS-X2 is the right model for me. I figure either the FRS-X2 or the HJC-FRS for mom's boyfriend. Would my mom need a unit as well, or can I just get her a headset and plug her into one of ours? If she can plug into ours, then how does the communication go? Typically she's behind him... could she hear me? Could I hear her? Or, is she only going to be able to communicate to the wearer of the main unit intercom style?

OR... is there some other product or other line that I shoudl be looking into?

· Registered
604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks. I saw that link when I did a search a few days ago but no one mentions specific models that they're using or how they can accomodate a passenger. I was looking at satellite radios for a Christmas gift, but now I htink I'm going to ask for the chatterbox instead. I'm waiting until more portables come out in the satelite tuner department as they only have one option right now and it's hella expensive. However, that is another thread that I've yet to start!

· Registered
604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Awesome. Exactly what I was looking for. Glad to see I/we will only have to buy two units and she can plug into whichever one she is around. I also ride longer distances alone and could use the tunes to keep me company.

· Registered
604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
I'm sold on getting a chatterbox. I believe the FRS-X2 is the model for me. Retail is 279.99 but I've seen seen around the net for slightly less than 200.00. I'm going to ask my local store what they can do with their price and then figure out who to make the order from. I will recommend the HJC-FRS and the FRS-X2 to my step-dad. I'm sure with me getting the X2, he/they will too.

· Registered
604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
Hmm... is the clearness an issue with the noise reducing units? I know the headsets are about $45 for 'em but I liked the idea of more channels and an input for my cell phone. The casing also says it's waterproof for the X2.

· Registered
604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
Well after hearing your opinions I decided to go with the HJC-FRS model. The cell phone input on the X2 is actually for Nokia and Motorolas, but the clarity issue had me concerned. I shoudl be able to see who's calling with my phone in my tank bag and I can call them back later.

1 - 6 of 39 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.