Two Wheel Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Administrator
837 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
July 23, 2004 06:30 AM EDT
WILMINGTON, Del. - A vanity license tag chosen as a gag has left its owner holding the bag. Jim Cara thought the "NOTAG" plate he got for his Suzuki motorcycle would give people a laugh.

Instead, he found that the laugh - along with more than 200 parking violations - was on him.

The new tag arrived in the mail Saturday, along with an avalanche of Wilmington parking violations.

"All the traffic tickets say, 'Notice of violation. License number: no tag,'" Cara explained.

Officials said city computers linked to state Division of Motor Vehicles computers finally found an address for ticketed vehicles that lacked license tags: Cara's home in Elsmere.

"I messed up the system so bad," Cara said. "I wonder if they can put me in jail or something?"

Cara, 43, who works for the American Motorcycle Association, said he's been a lifelong prankster. This time, though, "the cleanup is going to be worse than the joke," he said.

John Rago, spokesman for Wilmington Mayor James Baker, said an incorrect computer code used by the contractor that processes the city's parking violations helped land the tickets in Cara's mail. City officials plan to have it corrected, he said.

Fortunately for Cara, Wilmington appeared to be the only jurisdiction with the no-tag computer glitch, said Kelly Pitts, spokeswoman for the state Department of Transportation.

Pitts said Cara's best insurance against future problems would be to change the "NOTAG" plate.

No way, said Cara.

"I think it's awesome," he said.

---

Information from: The News Journal, http://www.delawareonline.com

·
Registered
9,263 Posts
Yerf Dog said:
I should try 'NO FEE'. Maybe save a couple $$$. :)
or "NOTCKT" :cheers:

Speaking of Personalized tags..anybody have one, or have a good idea for one?..trying to come up with something unique for my ride...

·
Registered
7,333 Posts
Need4Speed750 said:
or "NOTCKT" :cheers:

Speaking of Personalized tags..anybody have one, or have a good idea for one?..trying to come up with something unique for my ride...

NSANE FOLOME ZOOOM H82BL8 Here are a few...Still trying to come up with one for me. If anyone has a good one let me know. :)

·
Registered
9,263 Posts
no, You A$$ ...is too many characters for a PA bike plate :smilelol:

·
Registered
9,263 Posts
might get a break by the cops if they nail ya..might feel sorry for ya, and let you off with a warning or something..but then again, maybe not.. :nonod:

·
Registered
351 Posts
Personalized Tags...

Hi Everybody ! :hi:

On my vette I have " GRA GST " and on my Katana, " GRA GS2" while being ticketed by an FHP officer, he looked at my vette and asked, what's that mean. I tried really hard to keep a straight face while I explained that, "Sir my last name is Gray like my License your holding says, and my car is White like Casper the Ghost. LMAO...

Steve.

·
Registered
9,263 Posts
01Katana said:
Hi Everybody ! :hi:

On my vette I have " GRA GST " and on my Katana, " GRA GS2" while being ticketed by an FHP officer, he looked at my vette and asked, what's that mean. I tried really hard to keep a straight face while I explained that, "Sir my last name is Gray like my License your holding says, and my car is White like Casper the Ghost. LMAO...

Steve.
did he give you any **** for making him look stupid ? :smilelol:

·
Registered
351 Posts
Too Much Honesty !

Mojo,
If you did go for that tag, it would probably be Too Far over the average officers head. However, the ones that "Got It" would probably have a good laugh, and let you go your merry way ! I think that is a great attitude, because we all know, it's not like you had any say in your situation ! Speaking as a former Officer, they all need a good laugh every now and then to ! And to answer the question about me getting the ticket, Uhhh No, the trooper did not appreciate my "Attitude" one bit. He had his @$$ on his shoulders anyway, so I didn't even bother to let him know that I used to wear a uniform. In fact, he really didn't like it when I walked into my house and fixed myself a drink while he was screwing around in his cruiser ! Talking on his cell to his wife/girlfriend. Hey, if he can't control the situation, who am I to offer my services !!! ROTFLMAO !

Steve. :lol:

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
My Corvette better not be stock with this plate :thumbs:

·
Registered
7,333 Posts
very nice tag on the vett :hyper:

·
Registered
20 Posts
Nice tag on the vette. I'm trying to think of a good one for my vette also. It is slightly modded with over 500 RWHP!!! Here's my R1. I think is cool. Actually KEEP UP was available but I thought this would throw people off. And it has on a few occasions.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts