Two Wheel Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i want to choose a leather jacket that has little designs as possible, black color with a little of red, around 300-400 dollars... do u know of any? I've seen joe rocket and alpine at the store, but i wanna know if there is any other ones that are better in protection, comfort, and looks.

·
Registered
9,263 Posts
ur just making a niche for urself with these .. choosing a _____ is hard..huh :lol:

you'll get lots of advice on jackets around here..u really cant go wrong with joe rocket or icon. It really depends on what you like as far as style, and price too. again, ur main concern is the quality/reliability of the product, and what you feel is a relevant trade off in terms of price/style/safety

·
Registered
7,333 Posts
:iagree: :iagree: He said it best right there. Here is the leather jacket I am getting soon.

·
Registered
7,333 Posts
No Worries said:
I've had good luck with First Gear and Fieldsheer. Got them from www.newenough.com

Newenough is a great route to go. They have the jacket I want and for a hundred less then Joe Rocket is selling it for. :dthumb:

·
Registered
15 Posts
holy smoke, that suzuki jacket is "colorful," u're probably be racing on tracks huh? i've seen some jackets online like at newenough, kneedraggers, but i just cant seem to find the dealers that are in san diego that have that product (i dont wanna order online, 2 much hassles :)). oh yea by the way, what are yall opinions on these glowing stickers for helmets, for easy seeing at night? http://www.streetglo.net
i duno how to post pictures, so hehehe sorry

Here ya go man..I just uploaded these as attachments into ur post :dthumb:

·
V-Twin Moddin
38,916 Posts
Well, there is one problem with that jacket DJ, it has that Suzuki garbage all over it! :lol:

Duma, go with the Joe Rocket stuff. It is very durable, great styling and the cut is made more for the american buyer. I should know. I know the head designer for Joe Rocket personally. He's even offered to come a WOS meeting for a Q&A with the WOS guys. He will even get us autographed Joe Rocket stuff from any of their racers. It takes time but he'll do it for us. So that's another reason why I am a big J.R. guy!!

·
Registered
9,263 Posts
Gas Man said:
. I know the head designer for Joe Rocket personally. He's even offered to come a WOS meeting for a Q&A with the WOS guys. He will even get us autographed Joe Rocket stuff from any of their racers. It takes time but he'll do it for us. So that's another reason why I am a big J.R. guy!!

That would be sweet for him to come down, I'd be interested in listening to him for sure. When that happens, be sure to fill us in.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ive heard something about using joe rocket and icon makes u a squid looking because all sqids start out buying stuff with these 2 brand names. i am a squid and i admit it, but what sup with that man, why people do that... it kinda discourage me from buying these 2 stuff.

·
Registered
9,263 Posts
duma said:
ive heard something about using joe rocket and icon makes u a squid looking because all sqids start out buying stuff with these 2 brand names. i am a squid and i admit it, but what sup with that man, why people do that... it kinda discourage me from buying these 2 stuff.
Joe Rocket and Icon are some of the best gear out there...whether or not people think ur a squid when u where it is neither here nor there..if it protects ur skin, is comfortable, and u can afford it..get it....what good is not getting something that'll protect you, just because somebody might give u a funny look.. who cares! its ur hide and ur wallet..do what you want.. :) just my :2cents:

·
Registered
146 Posts
duma said:

joe rocket gear is good but not the best

icon has alot of poser gear for squids
icon wasn't really designing their product for racing but for a more casual look with protection when riding
fyi i won't buy it though

try to find a jacket that has some protection for your kidneys too

·
Registered
9,263 Posts
ShanMan14 said:
I think most are attracted to the price. Real squids don't wear gear. :redmc:

there's some truth to that...cuz u know, they're (squids) are all about looking good when they're acting stupid.. :screwy:

but even if you dont have the best top of the line gear, its better than nothing though. You've got people that will swear by each brand as being the best.

·
Registered
9,263 Posts
GSXR750DJ said:
I will take it back and YOU can buy me one to wear. :D :rofl:

u didnt buy that one in the first place..we'll all just have to have a talk to carrie about what SHE buys you from now on.

·
Registered
7,333 Posts
Mojo said:
Here ya go! I have the *perfect* two piece suit for you...

:D :rofl:

What am I to do with that. It doesn't say "Suzuki" on it. :rofl: :D

·
Registered
9,263 Posts
GSXR750DJ said:
What am I to do with that. It doesn't say "Suzuki" on it. :rofl: :D

thats point ..instead of rice, it's pasta!! :yesnod:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts