Two Wheel Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7,333 Posts
Haven't heard about it. Did you read this somewhere or hear some talk of it?? Please let us know if you did. :)

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
GSXR750DJ said:
Haven't heard about it. Did you read this somewhere or hear some talk of it?? Please let us know if you did. :)
I wish I had. It would be nice to have that technology on our bikes. I'm wondering why this very available technology hasn't made it to us with the manufacturers being so competitive and all...

·
Registered
2,394 Posts
Mojo said:
Are we ever going to get closed loop EFI and port injection on motorcycles?

Sure would be nice...
On most modern motorcycle engines, each carb throttle is about 6 inches from the intake valve(s). That has to be about the same distance as the port injection nozzle from the intake valve on modern car engines. The air inlet is also at the carb throttle on motorcycles, while the air inlet and measuring devices on cars may be several feet from the injection nozzle.

Except for not being able to measure and adjust for temperature and air pressure, as I see it, the motorcycle carb is already ahead of port injection. And the standard fuel injection (comparable to throttle body) on bikes is better still. If bikes have to meet extreme emissions, they will probably all use converters. :2cents:

·
Registered
408 Posts
As emissions requirements get tighter, motorcycle injection systems will get more complicated. I believe some of the high-end bikes like BMW's are running O2 sensors and cats so they probably are running closed loop, but I'm not positive about that.

Larry

·
V-Twin Moddin
38,916 Posts
I know that my co-workers BMW has 2 cats on it. That is just crazy talk!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.