Two Wheel Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
At a recent computer expo (COMDEX), Bill Gates reportedly compared the computer industry with the auto industry and stated, "If GM had kept up with technology like the computer industry has, we would all be driving $25.00 cars that got 1,000 miles to the gallon."

In response to Bill's comments, General Motors issued a press release stating: If GM had developed technology like! Microsoft, we would all be driving cars with the following characteristics

1. For no reason whatsoever, your car would crash twice a day.

2. Every time they repainted the lines in the road, you would have to buy a new car.

3. Occasionally your car would die on the freeway for no reason. You would have to pull to the side of the road, close all of the windows, shut off the car, restart it, and reopen the windows before you could continue.

For some reason you would simply accept this.

4. Occasionally, executing a maneuver such as a left turn would cause your car to shut down and refuse to restart, in which case you would have to re-install the engine.

5. Apple (Mac) would've made a car that was powered by the sun, was reliable, five times as fast and twice as easy to drive - but would run on only five percent of the roads.

6. The oil, water temperature, and alternator warning lights would all be replaced by a single "This Car Has Performed An Illegal Operation" warning light.

7. The airbag system would ask "Are you sure?" before deploying.

8. Occasionally, for no reason whatsoever, your car would lock you out and refuse to let you in until you simultaneously lifted the door handle, turned the key and grabbed hold of the radio antenna

9. Every time a new car was introduced, car buyers would have to learn how to drive all over again because none of the controls would operate in the same manner as the old car.

10. You'd have to press the "Start" button to turn the engine off.

·
Registered
9,263 Posts
6. The oil, water temperature, and alternator warning lights would all be replaced by a single "This Car Has Performed An Illegal Operation" warning light.

yup, thats microsoft for ya right there!!

·
Registered
7,333 Posts
1. For no reason whatsoever, your car would crash twice a day.

Any for some reason or another, it is always their ISP who caused this to happen to them. We made there computers crash. Something we did caused it. I love hearing this from the customers. Makes my day go by better knowing that when I go home, my computer is still working. And if its not, I know how to fix it. System restore. LOLOLOL :D I know Matt got that one.

·
Registered
9,263 Posts
yup..we're the easiest ones to blame when something doesnt work on their computer...I love it when they say, "this never happened when I used AOL" (insert shock smilie) ..What a crock!! insert toe tap smilie.

·
V-Twin Moddin
38,916 Posts
Then when something happened, you'd have to call the "Help Desk" which I love to call the "NO Help Desk"...LOL!!

·
Registered
7,333 Posts
What if you get a virus. Do you wipe everything out and have to rebuild. Sounds like to much work to me. :D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.