Two Wheel Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Banned
6,147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I got my copy of the Speedwerks newsletter yesterday...so Without their permission :yikes: ...I will reproduce and rebroadcast the following for all of you who don't get the newsletter yet...along with the question, "Why Not?" It's FREE, cheapos...

SpeedWerks Makes Impressive FUSA Superbike Debut

Jensen. Harwell. Wood. Himmelsbach. These names are synonymous with FUSA racing and podiums. This weekend SpeedWerks made their debut in FUSA Superbike and walked away with a 3rd place finish.

Trey Yonce, a 25-year old from South Carolina, teamed up with SpeedWerks to ride their Yamaha R6 for the weekend's events. Yonce steadily dropped his lap times each time he threw a leg over the orange and yellow SpeedWerks bike, dropping his lap times dangerously close to the front runners. In Saturday's qualifying in the hot conditions, Yonce zipped around the 2.3 mile VIR track flawlessly and settling in with a time that placed him in sixth place going into Sunday's race.

Sunday morning the riders and crews awoke to a threat of rain, and the clouds kept their promise. The drops started falling from the gloomy grey sky around 10 a.m. and sent the SpeedWerks crew into high gear to prepare for what was sure to be a full blown 16-lap dash to the finish under wet conditions...not exactly what we wanted for our first attempt at the FUSA Superbike race. Yonce was calm and cool as the national anthem played with race number one only minutes away. Third call came, and the SpeedWerks crew quickly ripped the tire warmers off the fresh Dunlop rain tires and sent Yonce on his way.

During the two sighting laps that were given to the riders due to the rainy conditions, Yonce settled into the new set up, and scoped out the conditions of the track. The riders all headed back to the grid, and once the three board appeared, they were off for their warm up lap. Bikes revving as the two board was shown, Yonce prepared to take the start from his second row grid position. The green flag waved, and the bikes were off.

By turn 1, Yonce was in third place behind first place Robert Jensen on the Kneedraggers.com bike and 2nd place Jeff Wood, of Arclight Suzuki Racing. Yonce settled into his rhythm as he finessed his way around the 21-turn track. Yonce's smooth riding and consistent performance helped him stretch out an easy gap between him and fourth place, and he was able to settle in...Wood and Jensen still out in front.

The race wasn't without drama. Michael Barnes, of the EMGO M4 Suzuki crashed trying to keep pace with Yonce, Wood and Jensen. The result for Barnes was heavy damage that cost him from finishing the race. Archlight Racing's Jeff Wood went down into the airfence in turn 4, but was able to hop back on his bike and get back into the race before Yonce made his way to turn 4 to take over second position. Although Yonce closed the gap between him and the #9 bike of Wood, he maintained his position, rode a flawless race, and came across the finish line to take third.

Trey Yonce is a 25-year old from South Carolina. He has been roadracing for four years, and has won 9 championships in his career on the track. This weekend was the first weekend that Trey has ridden a SpeedWerks built bike and he said “the bike was great. The set up was perfect. Although I would have liked a dry race, I enjoyed the opportunity to ride the bike and hope to do it again!” Look for SpeedWerks and Trey at future FUSA events and a debut in the AMA VIR Formula Extreme Race in August!

http://www.speedwerks.com/index.html

·
V-Twin Moddin
38,916 Posts
That is awesome!! Congrads SpeedWerks! :clap:

·
Registered
893 Posts
Thanks, guys/gals! We were very happy and it's really big for us to have beat some of those factory-supported racers! If anyone is going to the AMA VIR race, look for us to have a bike in the FX race. We're pretty happy about that and excited! I'll have a little feature about that in next month's newsletter. :cheers:

·
Registered
9,263 Posts
Congrats guys, well earned and deserved honors!! :cheers:

Now get ur butts up here to the carlisle show and hang out with us.. then u can print up a big article in ur newsletter about how cool we all are! :D

·
Registered
5,314 Posts
Grafixx01 said:
Congrats...How come I don't get the newsletter? :scratch:
go to thier site and sign your Texas @$$ up! :D

SW you really need to move down here, not a single shop here takes any pride in thier work and just pisses things together and faks things up. Pleeeeze!

·
Registered
2,876 Posts
JK_DILLA said:
go to thier site and sign your Texas @$$ up! :D

SW you really need to move down here, not a single shop here takes any pride in thier work and just pisses things together and faks things up. Pleeeeze!

What more do you expect for Louisianna! :bash:

:lol: :cheers:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts