Two Wheel Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Administrator
10,104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was riding home from work a couple of days ago and I had to slow for a construction site. It was your standard site, orange signs all over to slow down. "My Daddy works here" and all that. It was down to one lane so it wasn't like anyone was going anywhere; maybe 15 MPH.

Anyway, I'm going by and one of the workers looks at me and give me the "rev" signal, as if he wanted me to get it up on one wheel. You know, two hands like he was on the throttle.

I found this ironic as construction workers are always urging people to slow down and drive carefully for their safety. All that, and this guy wants me ride the rear wheel going 15MPH with vehicles in front and behind me.

·
Registered
2,845 Posts
Yea kind of like the irony of the gravel hauler working in the construction zone that almost killed me - would they get a $7,500 fine + 15 years in jail? Um, no. Did they follow safe procedures? Did they have a flagman? Did he even use his f****ing turn signal? Again NO! Makes sense to me. They should put you are now entering a "Double Standard Zone". The words road construction worker are an ironic statement in themselves - maybe more like road construction drinker if you ask me because they don't do sheit. If anyone is a road worker here don't get offended - I am referring to what I have observed in Wayne, Macomb and Oakland counties in Michigan. If you are an exception to this and work hard I applaud you, but if you are one of the ones that stand on the shovel while talking to 10 others all day and you need the shovel because you are too drunk to stand all while using MY tax money to do so then shame on you! GET TO WORK PUNK.. lol..

"What's WRONG with the road?? Um, nothing. Well there is now!" - from the movie Falling Down

·
Registered
9,263 Posts
Yeah, and if you'd have actually done it, would he have offered to pay half your fine (or worse) ?? :screwy: Geez people are stupid!!! :bash: you know cops are always creepin around construction sites, ready to slap you with a double fine for speeding, etc.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts