Two Wheel Forums banner

CONTEST: Log some miles before winter! (discussion)

12K views 251 replies 33 participants last post by  jeeps84 
#1 ·
It’s the first annual TWF “Log some miles before winter” contest!

As winter is fast approaching, and autumn is well upon us, many of our Northern members are going to be scurrying to get as much seat time as they can before they have to put their bikes up for the season. Meanwhile, many of our Southern members are enjoying the cooler weather than fall brings. So what better time than now to see just how many miles you can get!

The goal is simple: Get out and ride!! Beginning at 12:01 a.m. on Sunday October 7st, and running through midnight on October 31st, get out and ride… he/she who logs the most miles during the month of October WINS!

Here’s how you enter:
1.)On October 7th, post up a photograph of your odometer in the designated photo thread. (at the start of the photo thread, there will be a "Verification Message" posted - jot this down on a piece of paper, and include that in the photo of your odometer)
2.)Get out and ride.
3.)On October 31st, before midnight, post up a photograph of your odometer with the ending "Verification Message" in the designated thread.

And here’s what you win:

A custom TWF User Title! No longer will you be “Squidly” or a “Board Member.” You’ll have the freedom to choose a title that suits your personality, your bike, or even just your mood (within reason, that is!)

Just a few rules to keep in mind:

1.)You must have a digital camera and/or a way to post up photos of your odometer and the verification message at both the start and finish of the contest
2.)You must be an active member of TWF as of September 1st, 2007, with at least 25 posts as of the start of the contest.
3.)You must have a bike! (no brainer, but figured it was worth mentioning)

Now get out and ride!

:twfrox:

:luck:

See less See more
#26 ·
'm riding to state college next weekend if the weather holds up (240 mile round trip) plus the 55 mile round trip to work every day...I might be in the running :lol:

#29 ·
I live in NY and I have no idea what you mean by put the bike up...

You actually stop riding because your too cold?

Only time I don't ride is if it's below freezing and I know theres some water/ice on the roads or if there is salt on the roads... Otherwise I'm out there, lovin' it.

#34 ·
Weather permiting I should be able to put up about 800 miles. My prob is my home computer is dead so I won't get to send in a start pic until Tuesday the 2nd. Won't stop me from trying though...

#46 ·
Fluck this contest, I'm going riding...

Here is my entry... I am not going to wait around all day to get the actual code or whatever... None of the pictures came out, but it says:

It's 12:25pm on 10/7/07 and still no code for the TWF miles contest... I'm goin' ridin'... Here's My Entry! / OSP

Probably disqualifies me and/or won't count, but I don't even care... I want to ride damnit!

#56 ·
We got the message up. HERE!

We got a new gallery up for you to store your odometer pics if you would like. HERE!

My example of my starting odometer post in the start verification thread.

Here's my odometer on the big dog. Actually had 5548 this morning but by the time I got to taking the pic... 5594 miles.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.