Two Wheel Forums banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
2,544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is the only forum where I have to manually Refresh to get new threads or any changes. I've looked at my settings and I can't figure it out. . Anyone have the same problem? :skep:

·
Registered
466 Posts
Might be your IE settings? Is it checking for new content each time you visit a page? You might try purging your cookies (finger down throat!?).

·
V-Twin Moddin
38,916 Posts
This forum is a tuffy... it is also the only forum that gets all slow when the cookies get old! Like stale and stuff!

Many times this is the slowest board that is on a 4.0 broadband connection... I find that if you click "new posts" that it helps a bit...

·
Registered
2,544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well, there are some problems with the servers at CorvetteForum and this board is on the same servers, so that may explain some of it.

I just can't figure out the whole having to refresh thing. :crazy:

·
V-Twin Moddin
38,916 Posts
Well the problems have been way worse lately as they keep playing with the database and such things as the new front page...

·
Registered
2,845 Posts
2WheelTuner said:
Might be your IE settings? Is it checking for new content each time you visit a page? You might try purging your cookies (finger down throat!?).
First problem is you are using that pathetic browser called IE...

·
Registered
519 Posts
double2000r6 said:
First problem is you are using that pathetic browser called IE...
WOOT! Firefox, baby :thumbs:

:loser: ;)

·
Registered
519 Posts
Pigface1 said:
FireFox's 15 minutes are about up. :lol:
:nonod: Say it ain't so!

:lol: :thumbs: Still made me laugh tho.

·
V-Twin Moddin
38,916 Posts
I haven't downloaded the most resent version... I usually blow it off for at least a month or so... they come out with updates like every other week...

·
Moderator , Lifetime Gold Supporting Member, '07 R
20,168 Posts
I'm lost (not that unusual) :whistle:
This forum is slow sometimes but, I don't have any trouble getting fresh or new post.
I use both IE and Fire Fox.
It just depends on which I'm using when I log on.

·
Registered
9,263 Posts
ShanMan14 said:
That's what I use, except the lastest version locks up when I login to my.yahoo.com. :cursin:
i had the same issue.. i had to totally uninstall it, reboot, then redownload/reinstall, and all is well again in the avant browser world.

·
V-Twin Moddin
38,916 Posts
Need4Speed750 said:
i had the same issue.. i had to totally uninstall it, reboot, then redownload/reinstall, and all is well again in the avant browser world.
Yeah so I have converted N4S & Shan to the evils of Avant!!! Man does it rock!

·
V-Twin Moddin
38,916 Posts
ShanMan14 said:
Another ver version available today.

It's faster than IE, tabbed and is less prone to security issues.
Not too mention that it has more features than I can even begin to tell you about! The secrurity is one of them that is tops on my list.... #1 being the tabs!!! Got to love the tabs!

Avant Browser

1 - 20 of 37 Posts