Two Wheel Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I come rolling into the parking lot this morning and I see a couple of the bikes that I normally park next to up on the sidewalk parked next to each other in one of the stalls. On a closer look I realize that work has converted two of the parking stalls right near the front door into motorcycle specific spots...Now if they'd just do that to a couple more, all the guys that ride to this building would have spots :dthumb:

Just thought it was cool :)

·
Registered
4,434 Posts
That would be awesome. My work just tells us to park in the striped areas at the end of the rows so we don't take up full spots. We're probably up to 10 or 12 bikes on average.

·
Registered
9,790 Posts
My work doesn't have motorcycle parking, but all the engineers park in the front, I always park my truck and bike in the back of the warehouse...its a nice big open parking lot with no one elses vehicles next to mine. I get even better than motorcycle parking, I can pull mine right in the bay doors of the warehouse...ahh garage kept at work. :lol:

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
We have a large pad stright across from the employee
enterence. :dthumb:

·
V-Twin Moddin
38,916 Posts
That's a good deal G!

·
Registered
2,876 Posts
Yeah, most military bases are putting in or already have motorcycle only parking. However, here on Fort Bliss, they haven't been made aware that there are over 1200 bikes on post. So when you park in the striped areas or on the sidewalk (there is like a 60' open area NOBODY uses) the MPs sit there for like 5 minutes to see if you are going to come out. Then when you don't, SURPRISE! when you come out, your bike got towed! Then you have to pay a ticket, fine, and like recovery fees and all that jazz. Totally bs...

·
Banned
6,147 Posts
I was parking mine under the canopy beside the front door...but we were told to move them because Mike with the R-6 started parking next to me and too many people were gawking and blocking the front door...

·
March 2007 BOTM Winner!
237 Posts
In Victoria (Australia) where I used to live, the law allows you to park your motorcycle on any sidewalk as long as pedestrians have room to walk by. Guarantees that you get a park absolutely anywhere at any time!

Somebody was thinking when they wrote that law!

(plus you are also allowed to ride between traffic at a walking pace so you can get to the front of the pack).

·
Registered
15 Posts
The building I work at is in downtown Seattle, where parking is never free. But the CEO of the company dedicated the entire backside of the building to free motorcycle parking, first come first serve. He rides a Vespa...

·
V-Twin Moddin
38,916 Posts
Sime said:
In Victoria (Australia) where I used to live, the law allows you to park your motorcycle on any sidewalk as long as pedestrians have room to walk by. Guarantees that you get a park absolutely anywhere at any time!

(plus you are also allowed to ride between traffic at a walking pace so you can get to the front of the pack).
Now that's logic! No wonder you want to go back!

·
Registered
17,886 Posts
Grafixx01 said:
Yeah, most military bases are putting in or already have motorcycle only parking. However, here on Fort Bliss, they haven't been made aware that there are over 1200 bikes on post. So when you park in the striped areas or on the sidewalk (there is like a 60' open area NOBODY uses) the MPs sit there for like 5 minutes to see if you are going to come out. Then when you don't, SURPRISE! when you come out, your bike got towed! Then you have to pay a ticket, fine, and like recovery fees and all that jazz. Totally bs...
You have to pay fines for an on base violation? That shiit is weak. We get a slap on the hand from our first shirt and that's about it.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Sime said:

Somebody's gotta clue esp since so many cage-only ppl complain abt bikes & pkg spaces!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts