Two Wheel Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there any certain coolant for your bike or can you just go down to the local auto parts store down on the corner and gitcha some????

·
Registered
271 Posts
:welcome:

You should check your owners manual if you are going the ethylene-glycol (sp) route.

You can also use Engine Ice (R) http://www.engineice.cc/ as an alternative.

Also there is Red Line water wetter http://www.redlineoil.com/products_coolant.asp?productID=53

which is the best to go with if you will be doing a lot of track days.

Thing to remember is that if you don't use ethylene-glychol (sp) based stuff you will have to drain and winterize if you are in a cold climate state. :sob:

·
V-Twin Moddin
38,916 Posts
First off :welcome:

DO NOT USE AUTO COOLANT IN YOUR MC!!!

Not all auto coolant is MC safe!

I would suggest going to your local MC dealer and picking up some. Furthermore, I would recomend Golden Spectrum's anti-freeze. Good stuff and non-glycol based!

·
Registered
2,006 Posts
Gas, isn't it your bed time? :seeya:

Auto coolant = BAD in MC

·
Registered
4,335 Posts
f4ilapper said:
Thing to remember is that if you don't use ethylene-glychol (sp) based stuff you will have to drain and winterize if you are in a cold climate state. :sob:
Rob,
I don't believe you have to drain Engine Ice every year. I know you have to drain water and water wetter, but Engine Ice is propylene glycol and has freeze protection up to -26*F. Engine Ice is also allowed for track days and racing, from what I've been told. I know STT allows it for their track days.
Avery

·
Registered
271 Posts
Captain Morgan said:
Rob,
I don't believe you have to drain Engine Ice every year. I know you have to drain water and water wetter, but Engine Ice is propylene glycol and has freeze protection up to -26*F. Engine Ice is also allowed for track days and racing, from what I've been told. I know STT allows it for their track days.
Avery

Your right. Only the water wetter needs to be winterized. There are some other orgs that will only allow water wetter or plain water only. Sometimes it is track dependent as well.

Rob

·
Registered
4,335 Posts
Thanks for the info, I'll be sure to see what orgs require a specific coolant.

·
V-Twin Moddin
38,916 Posts
You forgot :whore:

Ya know...for good measure!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.