Two Wheel Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all. Just wanted to share my experience at Cornerspeed last week. Overall I would say it was good. Did the North Course at VIR. Some thoughts:

1. This was my first time to VIR. I would do a track day at the particular venue BEFORE I did the school if I was to do it over again. They give you pleny of info to absorb and already knowing the track would be a real benefit.

2. The instructors are FAST. I knew that I was not exactly fast (hence why I took the school), but now I know that I am just plain SLOW.

3. You do have to be a little aggressive if you want solid feedback from the instructors. If not, you will get the "looking good out there.." Push if you want specifics.

4. Aaron does a good job in the classroom. Very dynamic and tons of energy.

5. I need more time / money to do track days and practice what I have learned...

:dthumb:

·
Administrator
10,104 Posts
I can see where knowing the track would be beneficial. Trying to absorb technique along with worrying about a left or right turn over the next hill is enough to make anyone go slower.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, the roller coaster freaked me out! It took until well into the afternoon before I was even remotely comfortable there...

Anyone who hasn't been - you come up a hill into a blind right hander (the apex is as you start going back down). You then go into a couple quick lefts right away. Roller Coaster is a good name for it...

·
Registered
893 Posts
I took cornerspeed a few years ago and had never ridden VIR before. I found it was an awesome way to learn the track (during a school)...but people are different in how they learn. VIR is a tough track (17 turns?) and takes a while to grasp.

Cornerspeed is an awesome school, even for street riders who just want to learn a little bit more. You don't have to get a race license after taking the school, even though you would be able to. Aaron is awesome, and yes, the instructors are fast. One of our riders, Brian Kcraget, teaches for Aaron. I had him work with me when I took the school. I was so slow he was practically riding backwards the whole time around the track. He could have ridden that slow with his eyes closed! :rofl:

--Laura

·
V-Twin Moddin
38,916 Posts
Yeah memory of the turns is my largest down fall. I just can't remember corners for crap! I just don't have that memory... now if it was something easy enough like gratton maybe... but it would take a few sessions easy for me to even begin to remember anything..

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.