·
Administrator
10,104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:leaving:

Corpse Falls Into Traffic in Texas

The Associated Press
Wednesday, July 13, 2005; 4:05 PM

DALLAS -- The body of a Louisiana man strapped to a gurney fell from the back of a pickup truck Tuesday onto a south Dallas highway and into the path of oncoming traffic. "I didn't think it was possible for that to happen," said Mary Ellen Douglas, who was driving to work when she saw what she initially thought was a package that had fallen from a truck. "I wanted to get out of there. It was too freaky for me," she said in a story in Wednesday's editions of The Dallas Morning News.

Authorities said the driver was carrying the body to a Shreveport, La., funeral home after the man died Monday at a Mesquite hospital.

"The driver of the truck was not aware that he had lost the body," Dallas police Lt. Rick Andrews said. "He saw the open door. He stopped and looked. He turned around, went back and retraced his steps and found the body."

Drivers swerved to avoid the corpse and gurney.

Dallas police Senior Cpl. Max Geron said no charges are expected to be filed.

·
Banned
6,147 Posts
I can see it now...you're boppin' down the highway, burnin' one, :smoke: and these cars come up honking, and pointing and yelling, "your body, your body" :here: ...and what hospital would transport a body in an open truck???... :scratch:

·
Registered
461 Posts
My source from DPD told me last night that it was an Isuzu Box Van and that the driver apparently didnt secure the back door prior to leaving.

Apparently he wasnt a very wealthy individual and a hearse wasn't used. But it wasnt a Chevy Silverado as the media would almost have you believe.

·
Banned
6,147 Posts
snakemann said:
My source from DPD told me last night that it was an Isuzu Box Van and that the driver apparently didnt secure the back door prior to leaving.

Apparently he wasnt a very wealthy individual and a hearse wasn't used. But it wasnt a Chevy Silverado as the media would almost have you believe.

Enter the Snakemann...with the inside story from the LEO's...what kind of truck was it? local courier or meat packer??? :lol:

·
Registered
461 Posts
I dunno, I didn't get into much detail b/c he was in a hurry but he did say it wasnt a pickup. However, most bodies requiring an autopsy in North, Central, and East TX end up in Dallas due to a lack of facilities . I know theres a transport company that uses refrigerated box trucks for that and for general transport.

Im guessing that this was the type of truck being used since the body was En Route to the funeral home and had not been prepared yet by the funeral home and would thus be better preserved.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts