Two Wheel Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2,876 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's a couple for everyone to put an opinion on :

1. What's the big deal about riding in the rain? I mean as long as you wash/clean the bike and keep it lubed up, I don't get it.

2. What do you use to wash and wax your bike? Can you use the same stuff that you use on your car (ie: Meguires Wax , tire wet, etc)

Thanks,

B

·
Banned
3,078 Posts
1) no biggie that i see, just maintain your bike when you done riding......you also loose a lil bit of traction

2)i use the Mr. clean car wash thinggy :thumbs: it works well ...... yes i think you can use anything that is acceptible for cars on your bike :dthumb:

·
Banned
3,078 Posts
oh and Grafixx you are a post whore.......you bring good questions so you are a good post whore but still ....... a post whore :thumbs: :lol: :lol: :lol: :thumbs:

·
Registered
505 Posts
bulldog said:
oh and Grafixx you are a post whore.......you bring good questions so you are a good post whore but still ....... a post whore :thumbs: :lol: :lol: :lol: :thumbs:
This coming from someone who just posted twice in a row, one post of which was only to call PW. :crazy:

·
Registered
212 Posts
I think the big thing with the riding in the rain is not as much as cleaning the bike afterward than the issue of differences in handling and road condition. The road conditions are generally more dangerous during and right after rain since all the sh!t usually get washed onto the road surface as well as the oils. In addition, your brake will feel different too. In my experience, it's better to keep a longer distance between cars and apply less pressure when braking (of course, pretty much common sense)

I use soap water on my bike once in a while but mostly wipe it with a clean cloth and a bottle of Plexus spray. Works wonderful in removing all the dirts.

·
Registered
7,333 Posts

·
Registered
2,876 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I know about the loss of traction, control and all the other factors in the rain.

But all the eBay auctions that I read or in the local papers are always like, "Garage kept, never seen rain". I'm like, "Um, ok. Is that supposed like make me want to buy it more?"

·
Registered
2,394 Posts
Grafixx01 said:
I know about the loss of traction, control and all the other factors in the rain.

But all the eBay auctions that I read or in the local papers are always like, "Garage kept, never seen rain". I'm like, "Um, ok. Is that supposed like make me want to buy it more?"
In Hawaii, and along most of the coastline, rain can contain salt from the air. In many areas of the country that have high-sulfur, coal-burning power plants, the air mixed with rain can produce acids. Bad for cars and bikes.

I got caught in the rain today. Face shield beads up rain and fogs the inside. Leathers get wet and stiff. Mud spray from other vehicle's tires gets on bike and face shield. Painted stripes and crosswalks get slippery. Manhole covers get like ice. Rain drips down your neck. And trucks splash water from the side. Otherwise, it's great riding in the rain.

·
Moderator , Lifetime Gold Supporting Member, '07 R
20,168 Posts
My best advise to your question other than reading the threads that DJ listed is first a foremost,
DON'T USE TIRE SHINE!!!!!!!!!!!!!
If you must use it, apply it to a rag and then to the tires side walls. You really don't want that greasy shat on the tread.

·
Registered
9,790 Posts
jeeps84 said:
My best advise to your question other than reading the threads that DJ listed is first a foremost,
DON'T USE TIRE SHINE!!!!!!!!!!!!!
If you must use it, apply it to a rag and then to the tires side walls. You really don't want that greasy shat on the tread.
DON'T USE TIRE SHINE ON YOUR BIKE!!! unless you want to have an accident! if you ride a sportbike and ride it like its supposed to be ridden, you lean that [email protected] over as far as she goes. if ya got tire shine on it, your going to be leaning on the ground with a busted bike, and road rash!
TIRE SHINE ON A MC TIRE = SQUID!!!!

·
Registered
2,876 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
SVupON1 said:
DON'T USE TIRE SHINE ON YOUR BIKE!!! unless you want to have an accident! if you ride a sportbike and ride it like its supposed to be ridden, you lean that [email protected] over as far as she goes. if ya got tire shine on it, your going to be leaning on the ground with a busted bike, and road rash!
TIRE SHINE ON A MC TIRE = SQUID!!!!

I figured that cause I've like pulled my tyre on my car underneath when I was taking a turn too fast with the wet tire shine stuff. I wasn't going to put it on the tyre, just asking.

·
V-Twin Moddin
38,916 Posts
Riding in the rain just sucks...that's why I'm being a :whore: because it has been raining on and off all day here at the GAP..

·
Banned
474 Posts
Roach954 said:
This coming from someone who just posted twice in a row, one post of which was only to call PW. :crazy:

hes got a good point there :lol: :lol:

putting my :2cents: in

1. I dont like riding in the rain cause my hair would get wet

2. I dont wash my bike

·
Banned
3,078 Posts
XtremeRacingDiva said:

2. I dont wash my bike
ha thats funny XRD

·
First 1000 Member, March 2008 BOTM Winner!
4,183 Posts
XtremeRacingDiva said:

2. I dont wash my bike

2 comments. 1. Wah! hehe

2. Blasphemer! Wash that thing!

·
Registered
143 Posts
XtremeRacingDiva said: