Two Wheel Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
V-Twin Moddin
38,916 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dyno posted this on the WOS board! :readng: :bash: :wtf:

The worse part about it is the last sentence...

Motorcyclist recovering from injuries after plastic wrap prank

July 3, 2005 - 9:47AM
WYOMING (AP) - A western Michigan motorcyclist is recovering from injuries after crashing into plastic wrap that had been stretched across a roadway as a prank.

Jim Anderson suffered a fractured rib and internal bruises after he hit the industrial-strength wrap at about 1:20 a.m. Saturday while riding his Harley Davidson home. The 48 year old said he thought the plastic wrap was fog.

Wyoming, Michigan Police say three teenage boys told police they put the wrap between two sign posts as a prank not expecting something as small as a motorcycle to come down the street.

Police haven't decided whether to charge them.
News article link

·
V-Twin Moddin
38,916 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I think we should call them and demand attempted manslaughter!!! :rant:

·
Registered
2,010 Posts
wtf they could have killed the guy, they need some kind of punishment for doing something that stupid.

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
what a bunch of 'tards!

zx636r said:
wtf they could have killed the guy, they need some kind of punishment for doing something that stupid.

The LEAST those 'tards should be charged with is littering or some sort of damage to public property charge. MY OPINION is that yea they need some sort of assault charge or attempted manslaughter on top of littering and property damage:bslap:. Even if a car hit the shrink wrap barracade, the driver would've probably sustained injuries. That stuff is tuff. I hope that the rider is ok :dthumb:

·
Registered
2,010 Posts
i understand pulling pranks, almost all of us have done it, but industrial strength wrap if you use enough a car is gonna have trouple gettign through it or whatever its wrapped around is gonan get ripped out the ground.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Police haven't decided whether to charge them?:scratch: Should I spell it out for ya in DONUTS?
:upset:
Heck ya they need to be charged with criminal mischief, attempted assault or something more than littering or nuisance plus get community service. I think they oughta pay for repairs to the bike and medical bills.

:2cents:

·
V-Twin Moddin
38,916 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
All it was wrapped to was a couple road signs!! It wouldn't take much force from a car to rip those out...then those become "flying objects of death"!

Assault, attempted man slaughter, litering, distruction of public & private property.

·
Registered
7,333 Posts
Gas Man said:
I think we should call them and demand attempted manslaughter!!! :rant:

I fully agree.

·
Administrator
10,104 Posts
Just out of curiosity... What kind of plastic wrap are we talking about? You'd think the mass of a Harley would be enough just break the plastic and move on, no?

Unless "industrial-strength" was that really thick and sticky kind used to wraps pallets for shipping, I don't get it. Where would kids get that anyway?

·
Registered
2,010 Posts
usually if you workin any warehouse they ahve it. i know i have seen it used to wrap large bundles of metal or wood together, one straight sheet would not be that hard to break through but if you made a wall of it or a couple of layers that stuff will mess u up.

·
V-Twin Moddin
38,916 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yeah not sure Shan. I was thinking the same thing...

·
Banned
6,147 Posts
ShanMan14 said:
Just out of curiosity... What kind of plastic wrap are we talking about? You'd think the mass of a Harley would be enough just break the plastic and move on, no?

Unless "industrial-strength" was that really thick and sticky kind used to wraps pallets for shipping, I don't get it. Where would kids get that anyway?

Most any industrial or janitorial supply store carries pallet wrap...we carried it in our store...

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
back in the day...

when I worked at Lowe's in the warehouse, we were in the warehouse and very bored at about 11pm. We took some shrink wrap and wrapped it around two poles on the sides of the huge door that leads out to the outside storage. We wrapped it around like 5-6 times. Then we took a cart full of broken boxes of tile and positioned it right at the shrink wrap about 50-60 yards away. The cart was so heavy the cart frame was bending downwards. :yikes: Anyway, we took 3 of the biggest guys there and told them to push that cart as fast as possible towards that wrap. To our suprise, the shrink wrap held up and the cart bounced back and eventually toppled over and broken tile was everywhere... :runaway:

Although the scale of this prank was not as large and the velocity was probably twice as slow, it still shows how strong shrink wrap actually can be.

·
First 1000 Member, March 2008 BOTM Winner!
4,183 Posts
Even the grocery store stuff, if you use a whole box , its gonna hold. Even if it doesnt hold, it will stretch like mad before it breaks, which would be more like hitting a soft rubber wall instead of a hard brick one. Either way, you are fuct!

·
Registered
5,314 Posts
$hiet stretched across the road has been a nightmare of mine since i saw the Ewoks clothsline a stormtrooper on a speeder in Return of the Jedi. I just know some punk $#it is gonna stretch something across the road and lob my head clean off. Those kids should be forced to toss bubbas salad.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts