Two Wheel Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,876 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I read most of the review for the "Crash Pads". Now I'm trying to figure out if they'd fit under leathers? and how comfortable they'd be? Cause then you'd have to buy them before the leathers, so the leathers would fit right with them on. But then I am told that leathers are supposed to be tight and not loose fitting. Right? Wrong? Indifferent?

·
V-Twin Moddin
38,916 Posts
Leathers are suppose to fit tight and snug..yes. Most people don't buy them that way out of pure ignorance. So most people could fit those under their leathers. Now if you bought your leathers tight then no I couldn't imagine you getting those on under them...

I skimmed over the review but it was too much reading...

·
Registered
893 Posts
Grafixx01 said:
Well, I read most of the review for the "Crash Pads". Now I'm trying to figure out if they'd fit under leathers? and how comfortable they'd be? Cause then you'd have to buy them before the leathers, so the leathers would fit right with them on. But then I am told that leathers are supposed to be tight and not loose fitting. Right? Wrong? Indifferent?
I actually just got information from Crash Pads yesterday and i'm going to call to discuss some of these questions with them today. Leathers should fit snug if you want them to work effectively. They should never be loose. Loose causes more injuries when you go down in addition to whatever injuries you'd already have from your crash. That's why we stress the importance of trying on multiple brands and not just going with what "looks cool." What looks cool may not fit you, whether it's leathers, helmet, gloves or what not.

--Laura

·
Administrator
10,104 Posts
It really depends on if your leathers are properly fitted or not. I'd guess most of us has some wiggle room in them. The pads aren't too bulky, so generally speaking I'd guess they'd fit for most. This really isn't a yes or no question, unfortunately. :sorry:

·
V-Twin Moddin
38,916 Posts
Yeah, see Shan, is right on...most of us aren't going to have the leathers fitting the way they should. So MOST of us could get these under our leathers.

I'm 50/50... I bought my jacket loose WAY back in the day when I didn't know better. Now my leather pants are nice and tight... so it's all sorts of messed up...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts