Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Let's all post up our crash pics...

:dthumb:

Here are the pics from my famous run in with a small deer!! :cursin:

·
V-Twin Moddin
38,916 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
Here are a few from the latest WOS crash.

This was a newbie to WOS, not a member, that crashed. Nobody seen the crash, just found him knocked out in the grass.... :rant: But he made it out ok and is thinking of repairing the bike for the track...

·
V-Twin Moddin
38,916 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Here's a few pics from one of WOS' board members crash last year. Probably one of the worst crashes WOS' has ever had. He made it out ok and has a new TLR!

Sorry for the quality, they were some from cheap arse camera phone...

Take notice of the positioin of the front wheel and one of the forks! :eek:

Also look at how bad the tail is pushed over... :eek:

·
V-Twin Moddin
38,916 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Here's some old school Twisty TLS crash pics.....

He can tell you the story if he wants...

·
V-Twin Moddin
38,916 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
How about the birth of Mudpuppy!!

·
V-Twin Moddin
38,916 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
A guy, I know*, laid his '02 GSXR 1000 down at Gratten at turn 2 which is right after the straight away...He was doin about 160 or a little less when he laid it down....

Not too bad, it looked like it was sand blasted due to it hittin the pea gravel just outside the turn... :eek:

* For legal reasons I can't release the name or place I know him from!*

·
V-Twin Moddin
38,916 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I can't believe no one else here crashes and has pics..... :wtf:

·
Registered
9,263 Posts
uumm yeah, that looks like it hurt....wonder if he's thinking, I shoulda went out and got that stuff like everybody told me... :rolleyes:

·
Registered
4,434 Posts
OMG, I assuming they cut his shirt off. Was he really shorts, t-shirt and tennis shoes??? Well, I gotta say that I would look worse than that if my wife caught me riding out and about dressed like that.

But seriously, not trying to be the gear police, I hate to see anyone have to go through that.

·
Registered
7,333 Posts
Matt...this is why everyone is ragging you to get some gear. We can't have this happening to you now can we. NO NO NO.

But anyways..that has to suck to be anyone that this happens to. :(

·
Registered
133 Posts
CLASSIFIEDS:

Bike for sale, Suzuki, motivated owner, must sell, some front end damage, may require tune-up, yoshi pipe and solo seat cover included, price negotiable, call 555-dum-bass.

But seriously, does anyone know the story behind the article? Judging by the rear end damage on the red car and the stop sign it was parked against. My bet is the ill-equiped moron wearing the cameo shorts was at fault. Most likely cross traffic, the direction the car was coming from, did not have to stop. The bike ran the stop sign, clipped the red car's tail and practically ripped it off. The sudden impact forced the car to start veering right which caused it to wind up on the curb by the sign after the impact. The rider, no teilling what happened to him, will be hurting for certain. Nothing a helicopter ride and a few skin grafts can't fix.

·
Registered
4,335 Posts
That guy was flying on that busa, no doubt about it. I'm actually surprised that he was even wearing a helmet, but no doubt that it saved his life. I'd bet that he would still have burns if he'd been wearing full leathers, but it wouldn't be near as bad as the shape he's in from wearing shorts and a t-shirt. I'd be willing to bet that the car "turned in front of him" from the other lane, but only because he was going so fast that the car didn't expect him to be there that soon. It's a lot more difficult to judge a bikes speed to begin with, but when they're flying like he was, it's near impossible to know when they'll be on top of you.

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
It's pictures like this that really steer me away from riding. I don't want anyone scraping me or my hubby off the side of the road. Got kiddies to think about.

BUT then again, it could have been ALL avoided. If he would have been wearing protective gear, I'm sure the injuries would have been minimal. And being a former EMT, it still pisses me off to see these idiots who do NOT wear lids, while riding. HELLO?!?!?! McFly?!?! Braindamage? Death? :cursin: :bash: :screwy: :rant: Although...It looks as though he was wearing a lid. THANK GOD! *Sighs*

He was probably free flying on the damn thing or not paying attention. :rant: He's lucky as hell to be alive.

·
V-Twin Moddin
38,916 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
GSXR750DJ said:
Matt...this is why everyone is ragging you to get some gear. We can't have this happening to you now can we. NO NO NO.

But anyways..that has to suck to be anyone that this happens to. :(
Seriously...the more of this stuff I see the more I want to ride in full leather all the time...

·
Registered
9,263 Posts
CharlieMavCBR said:
It's pictures like this that really steer me away from riding. I don't want anyone scraping me or my hubby off the side of the road. Got kiddies to think about.

BUT then again, it could have been ALL avoided. If he would have been wearing protective gear, I'm sure the injuries would have been minimal. And being a former EMT, it still pisses me off to see these idiots who do NOT wear lids, while riding. HELLO?!?!?! McFly?!?! Braindamage? Death? :cursin: :bash: :screwy: :rant: Although...It looks as though he was wearing a lid. THANK GOD! *Sighs*

He was probably free flying on the damn thing or not paying attention. :rant: He's lucky as hell to be alive.
crashing on a bike in inevitable..its gonna happen sometime, to some degree to everybody, but the more you prepare yourself gear wise, and ride safe, the better off you'll be when it does happen.

dont let it deter ur desire to ride..theres nothing like riding a bike!! nothing in the world.

·
Registered
7,333 Posts
Need4Speed750 said:
crashing on a bike in inevitable..its gonna happen sometime, to some degree to everybody, but the more you prepare yourself gear wise, and ride safe, the better off you'll be when it does happen.

dont let it deter ur desire to ride..theres nothing like riding a bike!! nothing in the world.

Matts right. Over 85% of new riders have their first crash or spill with-in the first year of riding. If you make it past that first year your doing better them most.

I read that somewhere.

1 - 20 of 98 Posts