Two Wheel Forums banner

Crossing the Tirol Alps over Grossglockner Pass Austria

521 views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  jaamaan 
#1 ·

[ Yamaha Tracer 7 ] Crossing the Tirol Alps over Grossglockner Pass Austria

Riding over the Grossglockner Pass in the Tirol Alps in Austria on my brand new Yamaha Tracer 7 GT
This is part of my journey riding from Amsterdam to the Dolomite mountain range in Italy and the first time I have been in the Austrian Alps
I was lucky with the great summer weather on this day and my planning panned out perfectly, riding the Alps in summer.

Filmed with the GoPro Hero 4 BE

Enjoy the ride Jaamaan123

GROSSGLOCKNER HIGH ALPINE ROAD ADVENTURE
Driving fun, hiking entertainment and experiences in nature around the Grossglockner

The high mountains and the Grossglockner:
What was once reserved for experienced mountaineers only, has been an experience for young and old since the construction of the Grossglockner High Alpine Road, which enjoys unbroken enthusiasm and fascination.
Much has changed since the opening of the Alpine Road in 1935.
The road became wider, safer and more comfortable.
Exhibitions and museums, huts and mountain inns, visitor centres and information points focus on the diverse mountain world with its fauna and flora in the middle of the Hohe Tauern National Park.
The mountain road blends harmoniously into the landscape, offers a unique mountain experience - and for more than 80 years has provided 48 kilometres of incomparable driving pleasure.

Highlight of the alpine road: view of the Grossglockner and the Pasterze
Every kilometre and every single one of the 36 turns of the Grossglockner High Alpine Road is a treat!
Kaiser-Franz-Josefs-Höhe is the declared goal of each visitor.
It opens up a grand view of Austria’s largest mountain, which even tops the largest glacier in the Eastern Alps, the nine km long Pasterze, with its 3,798 m.
The snow-covered Johannisberg caps off the mountain panorama.
The hiking trails into the Gamsgrube amidst the special conservation area of the High Tauern National Park affords unique views and sightings of rare alpine animals, such as the majestic ibex.
The visitors’ centre with exhibitions and numerous attractions rests on the ridge named after the Habsburg Emperor Franz Joseph!

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.