Two Wheel Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4,434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hiya all :hi:, my first official "Sportbike" post. Well, so has anyone else tried to make this transition?

I have been riding a Kaw Vulcan 800 for the past three years and just started getting bored with it. Beautiful bike, tons of aftermarket and as much performance mods as it would take, but it was missing something.

Picked up a new Yamaha FZ6 this last weekend...WOW, I haven't stopped grinning ear-to-ear :D yet. I am even amazed how much easier it is to have my wife on back as well, not sure she agrees tho. Lookin forward to seein what she can really do after breakin period is up (the bike, not the wife..sheesh)

Anyway, just wanted to say Hey...Nice to meet ya.

·
Registered
9,263 Posts
Welcome to TWF :cheers: ..Glad you're here!!

I used to ride cruisers & standards alot, my first bike was a Rebel 450..great little ride...while it was always great to ride, it was quite the "rush" you get when you swing your leg over a sportbike, not to even mention when you crack the throttle and realize you better hold on alot tighter than you're used too. :)

So you're wife misses riding your vulcan huh? well im sure her rear end isnt liking the new R6 quite yet, it just takes some getting used to. :)

·
Registered
4,434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The rear seat on the FZ6 is more comfy than the R6, I think she just misses the security of the backrest more than anything. I miss scrapin pegs...guess I just need to keep leanin.

·
Administrator
10,104 Posts
Welcome to the site, glad to have you here. Make sure you sign up for a chance to win the free Motorex products, if you haven'y already.

I haven't done that transition myself, typically most people go the other direction. A guy in my neighborhood just got rid of his R1 and has a Harley now.

Anyway, I can't say anyone here blames you... FZ6 is a fun bike. Your wife will get used to it!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts