Two Wheel Forums banner

Damn, it's cold outside! And flush mount signals are useless.

2K views 25 replies 14 participants last post by  No Worries 
#1 ·
I took the new R6 out for a quick jaunt around the block a few times. I had put the flush mount turn signal and the Euro signal on the right side, but not the left. My brother was here and I wanted to find out if a person would be able to see the signals in daytime. He could see it just fine when I had the low beams on, but the brights washed it out. :( So, I will not be using the flush mount signals, I'll just have to keep the stock ones on the front. It's a shame, because the flush mount signals sure clean up the look of the bike. Oh well, better safe than pretty.

#3 ·
Don't feel bad capt, I won a set of flushmounts last year... and I too decided to stick with stock.. they are just way too hard to see. I've ridden with people that have those little tiny penny sized rear turn signals, and when they have their breaklight on, you can't even see the blinker going...

#10 ·
Ace said:
You really think a car sees stock signals??? LOL I dont think it matters, go with flush mount and clean up that look.
:puke: on blinkers!! They're sooooo over rated!!!

I have flush mounts that are HARD to see from the front but I don't worry about it! Now my rears are in my LED tail light... and they are WAY beyond easy to see!! But that's because I want the person behind me speeding up for a pass to see I'm going to stop that pass!!! :wink:

#11 ·
Gas Man said:
:puke: on blinkers!! They're sooooo over rated!!!

I have flush mounts that are HARD to see from the front but I don't worry about it! Now my rears are in my LED tail light... and they are WAY beyond easy to see!! But that's because I want the person behind me speeding up for a pass to see I'm going to stop that pass!!! :wink:
Not that I enjoyed seeing your tail section back in august, but yes they were quite visible!!

#14 ·
Here's a pic of the front of the R6 with the (rider's) right side flush mount and the left side stock. You can't see the Euro signal in the right side of the headlight, though. I think I'll have my brother take video of me coming up the road with the flush mount and Euro signal so that I can see what it looks like. Then I'll make my decision.

#16 ·
Captain Morgan said:
... He could see it just fine when I had the low beams on, but the brights washed it out. :( So, I will not be using the flush mount signals, I'll just have to keep the stock ones on the front. It's a shame, because the flush mount signals sure clean up the look of the bike. Oh well, better safe than pretty.
How often do you have your bright lights on when there is on coming traffic... Cuz it your brights are on wouldn't they be blinded anyway and not see the lights... Hum...would they? :skep:

- :leaving:

#17 ·
flush mounts. go with them. You don't want those big nasty things hanging out there. I use to feel the same way...."I want people to see my blinkers". Well, it doesn't matter, people are arses and we have to watch out for ourselves. I went flush in front and small stalk rears and it looks sweet. Re-consider the flush mounts before you jump the gun. Plus, good point on the brights. Brights will be off at night (I know some of ride with them on during the day...I do) and during the day, you can hardly see the stock signals. :2cents:

#18 ·
Low said:
How often do you have your bright lights on when there is on coming traffic... Cuz it your brights are on wouldn't they be blinded anyway and not see the lights... Hum...would they? :skep:

- :leaving:
I always ride with the brights on during the day to increase visibility, but I shut them off at night if there is oncoming traffic.

#20 ·
Captain Morgan said:
Here's a pic of the front of the R6 with the (rider's) right side flush mount and the left side stock. You can't see the Euro signal in the right side of the headlight, though. I think I'll have my brother take video of me coming up the road with the flush mount and Euro signal so that I can see what it looks like. Then I'll make my decision.
When you did your Euro conversion, did you seperate the clear lense from the black housing? It was a pain in the arse on my '02 R6, so I did everything on the bike. If the newer bikes are easier to remove the lense, fabricate a divider using black plastic, fiberglass, aluminum sheet metal or what-ever. Use the divider to to keep the bright light from overpowering the yellow Euro. That would definitely help the issue. As far as the flush mounts go, they look wwaaaayyyyy better then the OEM Stalks.

#21 ·
All you night time bright light guys need to turn them off. It is more of a hazard then it is a benifit at night.

High's on during the day. Then to low's at night!!

But Chev is right...reconsider!

#24 ·
cerveja said:
When you did your Euro conversion, did you seperate the clear lense from the black housing? It was a pain in the arse on my '02 R6, so I did everything on the bike. If the newer bikes are easier to remove the lense, fabricate a divider using black plastic, fiberglass, aluminum sheet metal or what-ever. Use the divider to to keep the bright light from overpowering the yellow Euro. That would definitely help the issue. As far as the flush mounts go, they look wwaaaayyyyy better then the OEM Stalks.
It's a serious pain in the arse to seperate the clear lense. There seems to be some form-a-gasket sealer in between the two sections and there are several clips. I've tried screwing with it to take it apart, but it just isn't going to happen. The form-a-gasket is holding it tight and I can't get all of the clips undone at the same time as trying to pry the two pieces apart. I'm not going to take a chance on breaking anything, so I'm not going to be able to put any foil or anything inside the assembly.

I had drilled through the back to install the euro's, but they just arent bright enough to be seen when the headlights are on, which is always. :lol:

Oh well, like someone else said, I know where I'm going to turn, so hell with the people in front of me. I've ordered the rear taillight with integrated turn signals, I sure hope that's easily visible from the back.

#26 ·
Captain, I agree that the flush mount looks better (wherever it is). I can see two ways of fixing this. If it's not getting enough juice, you can use thicker wire from the battery and a relay. Or if the bulb is small, you can change it. A 2357 tail/brake combination bulb, available at any auto parts store, will produce powerful brightness. You could have a running light and a turnsignal light. Just make sure you wire correctly. Or using the 2357 bulb, you could wire the brake and running circuits together, but only have it get juice when signaling for tremendous brightness. If you go this route, a relay would be advisable.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.