Registered
7,333 Posts
Great video. A little bit of everything. :cheers:

·
Registered
2,876 Posts
GSXR750DJ said:
Great video. A little bit of everything. :cheers:

I agree, the one with the stoppie --> wheelie would've been great had he held it. The passing a cop at 172mph, why even bother slowing down when he was stopped on the side of the road, you know he ain't gonna catch up to you. And the sliding into the cop during a 1-foot, priceless!

·
March 2007 BOTM Winner!
237 Posts
So, why call them all Squids?

Some maybe, but not all. Some were attempting valid tricks/stunts and they just went wrong. What, they're a squid because they couldn't make the stunt work, or because they had an off?

Well I'm sorry.....that would imply that practically everybody here on this forum is a squid. :skep: :skep:

·
Registered
2,876 Posts
Sime said:

Some maybe, but not all. Some were attempting valid tricks/stunts and they just went wrong. What, they're a squid because they couldn't make the stunt work, or because they had an off?

Well I'm sorry.....that would imply that practically everybody here on this forum is a squid. :skep: :skep:
Well, I know that everyone stands to always learn something new. So you can consider everyone "learners" but I don't believe that all are squids.

So now I pose this question, "When exactly do you lose the "squid" or "newbie" title/stereotype?"

·
March 2007 BOTM Winner!
237 Posts
Good question Graffix. I don't know the answer however.

I guess what we're asking is why is it when somebody doesn't get something to work the way they want that they're instantly labelled a squid? I'm sure even the person who posted this thread and gave it the title he/she did might have done something unfortunate in their illustrious past that might be a hypocritical slur on themselves, possibly even similar to what might have been displayed in any of the theads on TWF that reference squids!!

It just makes no sense to me how every person who crashes in a spectacular fashion is instantly labelled a 'squid'. Everybody has to learn some way. Geez, that would mean that even Evel Knievel was a squid too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

****Edited to add that Danger H doesn't even have a bike yet (he's self-identified as 'virgin-bikeless' in another thread and looking for a first bike, so apologies to you for me casting the assumption that you might have done something 'squidish' in your past!!! In time though it might happen (but I hope for your sake that it doesn't and I am not for one minute wishing any ill-harm upon you!!!) Just please don't be labelling every rider who has a spectacular 'off' as a squid! Besides, it discredits all the REAL, deserving squids out there!:rofl: *****

·
Registered
2,876 Posts
Decent answer. I just think that we are all constantly learning on our machiens and always can perform a "squidly" act so. Now the newbie term, that'd be a decent thing to lose, some time...

·
Moderator , Lifetime Gold Supporting Member, '07 R
20,168 Posts
Grafixx01 said:
Decent answer. I just think that we are all constantly learning on our machiens and always can perform a "squidly" act so. Now the newbie term, that'd be a decent thing to lose, some time...
You only lose the newbie label after you quit ridding and or acting like a newbie. I know a couple of guys that just started ridding last year and are great riders that seldom make newbie mistakes. I also know one guy that has been ridding for years and screws up all the time. I keep telling him he needs a cruiser. (for his safety)

·
Registered
2,876 Posts
jeeps84 said:
You only lose the newbie label after you quit ridding and or acting like a newbie. I know a couple of guys that just started ridding last year and are great riders that seldom make newbie mistakes. I also know one guy that has been ridding for years and screws up all the time. I keep telling him he needs a cruiser. (for his safety)
And ours?

But I think that certain people who do ride rockets give others a bad name due to their squidly moves they do on the bikes.

·
Moderator , Lifetime Gold Supporting Member, '07 R
20,168 Posts
Grafixx01 said:
And ours?

But I think that certain people who do ride rockets give others a bad name due to their squidly moves they do on the bikes.
:iagree: :withstupi

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Sime said:

Clarification, I did not mean for all of the riders in the video to be considered squids. But I would consider attempting some of the tricks that were done here on the highway a squidly thing to do, IMHO some of these tricks should be left to the track or on private property, not on a public street where a mishap could lead to some innocent cager having to swerve to miss a downed rider, thus causing another accident. Just my :2cents:

:twfrox: :whore: :twfrox:

·
V-Twin Moddin
38,916 Posts
I think that being a squid has more to do with a mentality then having a "off". By no means is having a "off" make you a squid. You can have a simple low side with no gear on complaigning about rash is a squid...just a example!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts