Two Wheel Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
9,263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Associated Press

Updated: 9:39 a.m. ET Nov. 22, 2004BIRCHWOOD, Wis. -

A deer hunter shot and killed five people and wounded three others in northwestern Wisconsin following a dispute about a tree stand during the hunt’s opening weekend, authorities said.

The 36-year-old alleged gunman was arrested Sunday afternoon, Sawyer County sheriff’s officials said. Jake Hodgkinson, a deputy at the county jail, identified the suspect as Chai Vang but would give no additional details.

Paul Schnell, a spokesman for the St. Paul, Minn., police department, said the man was from St. Paul.

The incident began when two hunters were returning to their rural cabin on private land in Sawyer County when they saw the suspect in one of their hunting platforms in a tree, County Chief Deputy Tim Zeigle said. A confrontation and shooting followed.

Here's the rest

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
LOL.. I literally just got done reading this and was about to post this!! :lol:

But that is messed up! You gotta be afraid to do something you enjoy because of some maniac that gets all radical over something stupid.

·
Registered
7,333 Posts
All for a damn tree stand. :bash: :bash:

·
Registered
4,335 Posts
Wow, that's messed up. I know I would be mad if someone was on my property and sitting in my stand, but I also know that some people can't be reasoned with. If the guy refused once to get out of the stand, I'd just call the cops and have him arrested for trespassing. Hard to guess who shot first.

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Yeah :wtf: ?!?!?! I just got done reading this article on my AIM Today page! Sometimes I wonder if people have brains. :rant:

·
Banned
6,147 Posts
People seem to have totally forgotton or just don't respect the concept of private property anymore. I own some acreage in the southern tip if Illinois beside the Shawnee National Forest. I have hassled with hunters for years, but most seem reasonable and will move along...I am encountering a totally different and potentially deadly situation. I am finding Meth Labs being set up on my woodlands. It is getting so bad that I can't even go out on my property with being armed. I have been shot at more than once. I can't let friends/family use the area for 4wheelers or bikes or camping without going through first to "take out the trash" I'm waiting for someone to get hurt there. The local Sheriff knows about it and I have told him I will shoot first and he can sort them out!!

·
Registered
2,006 Posts
SOunds about as stupid as the "Urban" hunter in Michigan that was caught shooting a deer in very populated area (Troy, MI).
Watching football yesterday my dog went wild. To my surprise there was a doe and large buck in the woods right on the edge of my yard. Hopefully the urban hunters dont go there to hunt or I just might put on my antlers, red nose, and camo and go shooting back. LOL

·
Registered
9,263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
one of the reasons I dont hunt..dont have the heart to kill such a beautiful animal, but oh well, thats just me.

i love the jerky though!!

but still, all this crap over tree stand, these 5 billion trees in the country, go find another one!!

·
Registered
4,335 Posts
I caught CNN this afternoon between classes and they said that the guy had actually climbed down out of the tree stand, walked 40 yards away, and THEN turned around and opened fire. :eek:

·
Registered
392 Posts
Isn't a hunter's safety course a requirement in the state of Wis.? If so, then he should have known better than to venture onto private property. Even if he was lost, as soon as the hunters approached, he should have just left gracefully. If he was as avid a hunter as his family says, he would know that. And also, with his history of violence and with the authorities, how should he be able to have a gun and licence to hunt? There should be laws about that kind of thing. He should be dragged out to the woods, shot, and gutted. :bash: :cursin:

·
Registered
9,263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Captain Morgan said:
I caught CNN this afternoon between classes and they said that the guy had actually climbed down out of the tree stand, walked 40 yards away, and THEN turned around and opened fire. :eek:

WTF for ???? to prove he was a better shot then they were!! :cursin: :rant:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts