Two Wheel Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
7,333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
You might be a Hooligan if.....

--You think the fastest way around town involves riding your motorcycle on sidewalks.

--You like to impress people by doing wheelies and thought the cops parked on the corner would enjoy the show as well.

--You've had a police officer tell you that the first time he saw you wheelie, he was impressed.

--You are on a first name basis with cops from small towns you only ride through on weekends.

--You think posted speed limits are "for cars" and do not apply to motorcycles.

--You're in a constant struggle to retain your "driving privileges."

--You know the phrase "continuance for dismissal."

--You refer to the time when your license has been revoked as the "off season."

--You speed up when you see the sign "Dangerous Curves Ahead"

--You've actually had passengers fall off your motorcycle.

--You think it's mandatory to wheelie out of toll booths.

--You know what the term "faller" means.

--You tuck your mirrors in for less wind resistance.

--You need to buy rear tires several times a season because you keep blowing them out from burnouts.

--You only get passed when you're parked.

--You think any stop that doesn't involve an endo is a waste of brakes.

--Your three motorcycles can't be ridden because various driveline failures.

--You think of traffic as moving pylons.

--You think that a motor that can over rev is really cool.

--You buy more than one helmet a year because of crash damage.

--Fellow motorcyclists get out of your way on group rides.

--Fellow racers get out of your way during the race.

--You can discuss the wheelie capabilities of every one of your friend's motorcycles you've ridden in the past ten years.

--You've actually seen smoke coming off of your brakes.

--Your idea of a brake job is replacing warped rotors and nothing else.

--You think replacing the clutch is part of routine maintenance done when you change the oil.

--You know what the term "tank slapper" means.

--You buy the most common bike so that when you crash you can find parts in the junk yard.

--You think the term "contact patch" means the surface area of your knee sliders.

--You think a broom handle makes perfectly good passenger pegs in the event they've been sheered off from sliding across pavement.

--You own a NOS kit, but can't figure out what bike to put it on.

--You have seen green oil in your engine.

--You're happy that Road America is now letting motorcycles compete and have already sent in your application.

--You've ridden a wheelie up and down stairs.

--Your childhood fantasy of riding a dirtbike on a golf course became a reality.

--Your dirtbike fantasy of riding a sportbike on a golf course became a reality while being pursued by the local police.

--You've ridden a motorcycle through a public building.

--You're planning on ramp jumping the main street of Sturgis on Friday night during the rally at some point.

--You've been banned from ever competing in an Iron Butt-sanctioned event.

--Bail bondsmen solicit you for your account.

--And the number one reason you might be a motorcycle hooligan is when you've stopped for gas on a road trip and three minutes later a state trooper roars into town and tells you that he's been chasing you for 10 miles and you didn't know it!

·
Registered
7,333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nice observations there. Thanks for pointing that out to us. :lol:

·
Banned
6,147 Posts
Wow! When I look at that list...I can check too many boxes...especially the ones about sidewalks, buildings, golf courses, and wedding receptions,...oh wait, YOU didn't say that one!! :whistle:

·
Registered
7,333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Its not a bad thing. Only if you get caught by the wrong ppl. LOL

Welcome to TWF. :thumbs:

·
Registered
32 Posts
GSXR750DJ said:
Only if you get caught by the wrong ppl.
You know you're a hooligan (squid) when you've been surrounded by 3 state troopers sayin' "Jest how fast were you goin' boy?". :dthumb:

damn radio!

·
Registered
7,333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I would want them to tell me before I give out any info. Maybe they got me going slower then I really was. :lol:

·
Registered
32 Posts
That's exactly what happened. Unfortunately they knew I was coming, when an "unmarked" called me in. I figure I was doin' about 130 when I went under the overpass and the first one was startin' to roll. Got up to 150 before braking for the exit ramp, when I came across his buddy on the ramp. After about a 30 minute interrogation, I ended up with 86 in a 55 (the old days). I had just got one for 91 in a 45 that morning. Not one of my better days. The wife was not happy and the insurance lady laughed at me for the next 3 years.

·
Registered
7,333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
LOL :bonk:

·
Banned
3,654 Posts
hondaguy said:
Hooligan = Squid...Squid = Hooligan. All the same as far as I'm concerned.

Man this guy has tight panties on.... I enjoy doing 99% of this stuff. :nopity:

--And the number one reason you might be a motorcycle hooligan is when you've stopped for gas on a road trip and three minutes later a state trooper roars into town and tells you that he's been chasing you for 10 miles and you didn't know it!

That has really happened to me...Honest :nonod:

·
Registered
7,333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I bet it was more like 10mins later. LOL :bonk:

·
Banned
3,654 Posts
It did take them a while. I enough time to get subway and water, I think I got 2 bits out of it before I was thrown onto the hood of the pig racer. I guess the cop had to get backup because there for 4 them. He said he didnt know how fast we were going cause he couldnt get us in range of his radar, but he had a pretty good idea. I got fine and Mistermeanor. I was a student @ the time so the got a break.

·
V-Twin Moddin
38,916 Posts
If that was a donut instead of Subway, you would have been able to offer the pig a snack and that would have distracked him long enough to sneak away!! :D

·
Registered
7,333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I think that was the funniest thing you ever said. :lol:

·
V-Twin Moddin
38,916 Posts
GSXR750DJ said:
I think that was the funniest thing you ever said. :lol:
Who me?? Did you like that?? :thumbs:

·
V-Twin Moddin
38,916 Posts
But when he came up to your car...you said " :wtf: do you want?" So no wonder! :D

·
V-Twin Moddin
38,916 Posts
twisty said:
I dont know he was pretty pi$$ED. :hang: I mean he slamed me on the hood. I had a knot on my head from it.
twisty said:
I was on my bike...
See quote above! :scratch:

1 - 20 of 24 Posts